APIs & Integrations

jferguson
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

How can I export blog post teaser info?

lösung

We have a new site built in Webflow, where we want to show teasers of our Hubspot blog posts. I have a connection through Zapier to pull in new posts as they're created, but I need to import all the existing posts, and I'm having trouble.

1. I tried exporting from HS - that exports as HTML. There's no option for CSV or XLS that I could see.

2. I tried accessing the RSS feed, but that only returned a  handful of results, and didn't include all the fields we need.

Specifically, I need Title, Post Sumary, Post URL, Publish Date, and Featured Image URL.

Is there a way to get this info? Caveat - I'm not a programmer.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Seahawksean
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi @jferguson

Not sure if you're still involved in finding a solution for this but figured I'd comment in case you are and to make sure this info is easier to find for other users considering it to me 2 days to find it. 

I was able to find a whay to export blog data CSV file from the following link: https://www.bluleadz.com/blog/how-to-export-a-hubspot-blog.

It's a bit convoluted, and the istructions were for migrating to Wordpress, but I got most of the data (post_title, post_slug, post_date, post_content, post_thumbnail, post_author, post_category) I needed to migrate Hubspot blogs to Webflow.

Hope this helps.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
3 Antworten
Seahawksean
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi @jferguson

Not sure if you're still involved in finding a solution for this but figured I'd comment in case you are and to make sure this info is easier to find for other users considering it to me 2 days to find it. 

I was able to find a whay to export blog data CSV file from the following link: https://www.bluleadz.com/blog/how-to-export-a-hubspot-blog.

It's a bit convoluted, and the istructions were for migrating to Wordpress, but I got most of the data (post_title, post_slug, post_date, post_content, post_thumbnail, post_author, post_category) I needed to migrate Hubspot blogs to Webflow.

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
jferguson
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hey thanks for that. I did figure out a solution, but unfortunately I don't remember how I did it, as it's been a year now. I should have posted the solution when it was fresh!

EDIT - now that I clicked your link and read throuhg it, I believe that's exactly what I did!

WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @jferguson,

I hope all is well with you 😄

The best way to extract the blog posts information is using this endpoint here: List blog posts | CMS Blog API where the response body properties will return the data that you'd like to gather as follows:

• Title = title 
  • Post Summary = post_summary
  • Post URL = absolute_url
  • Publish Date = created_date_time
  • Featured Image URL = featured_image

You may want to check out API development environment such as Postman to send the above API endpoint.

I hope this helps to clarify!

0 Upvotes