APIs & Integrations

RPBNL

How can I connect my hubspot account to Hub Tags now we can't generate API keys anymore?

SOLVE

I was just about to play with Hub Tags which is an unofficial contact tagging chrome extention.  However, Hub Tags connects with yout Hub Sport account via API keys but Hub Spot stopped allowing you to create an API key 2 days ago. 

Does anyone know of a work around please?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

How can I connect my hubspot account to Hub Tags now we can't generate API keys anymore?

SOLVE

@RPBNL ,

The creators of Hub Tags will have to create a new way of doing this.  To be honest,  I would not recommend giving a API key to anyone with whom you do not a relationship.  This is one of the reasons we are sunsetting the API key as it is less secure than private apps.  The way Hub Tags should go about this is by creating a public app which asks for a specific set of things that it can do.  You say yes to those things and then it gets connected to your portal.  With an API key, whoever has it can do anything in your account including deleting and exporting data. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@RPBNL ,

The creators of Hub Tags will have to create a new way of doing this.  To be honest,  I would not recommend giving a API key to anyone with whom you do not a relationship.  This is one of the reasons we are sunsetting the API key as it is less secure than private apps.  The way Hub Tags should go about this is by creating a public app which asks for a specific set of things that it can do.  You say yes to those things and then it gets connected to your portal.  With an API key, whoever has it can do anything in your account including deleting and exporting data. 

0 Upvotes
RPBNL

SOLVE
Thank you.

0 Upvotes