APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Hitting daily API Limit (error code 429)

Hello there,

Apologies in advance if this issue has already been resolved elsewhere. I’m not a developer but somebody from HubSpot’s tech support advised me to post on here so that I could get a response to the exact error code that our dev team is getting.

Our dev team is updating currently one of our systems which is related to our contacts in HubSpot, and it’s making us hit our 40,000 API request limit, and stopping emails being sent from HubSpot to our contacts.

Here’s the error code that our dev team is getting:

The remote server returned an error: (429) Unknown. ProtocolError https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/lists/recently_updated/contacts/recent?hapikey={APIKEY}&count=100
the web server returned:
{“status”:“error”,“message”:“You have reached your daily limit.”,“errorType”:“RATE_LIMIT”,“correlationId”:“ff1f7e33-4d4e-4b48-aabf-31ce042ea7db”,“groupName”:“publicapi:hapikey-tiered:basic:616282”,“policyName”:“DAILY”,“requestId”:“92b67753f74d8bbdf093803ce8070bfb”}

Our dev team is going to need to make similar updates in the future that call upon HubSpot’s API – what’s the best way to deal with this issue on those occasions?

Let me know if you need any more information.

Best wishes,

Mark

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hitting daily API Limit (error code 429)

Hi @Mark_Debenham

Can you tell me more about what your integration is doing? Just hitting the API limit by itself would not prevent emails from being sent by your account.

We have some general tips for working with the limit here:

Working within the HubSpot API rate limits

Working within the HubSpot API rate limits

0 Upvotes