APIs & Integrations

icesnake

Help Wanted: Need developer to integrate ecommerce bridge

SOLVE

Hi there

I'm not sure if this request is on the right place here, if not sorry im new in this community.

I'm looking for a developer who develops the entire ecommerce bridge api to import the missing online shop sales data into hubspot. Our ERP (and i think also the online shop) is based on SAP (i can provide the verision). Can any of you contact me as soon as possible?

Many thanks in advance

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @icesnake.

Happy to clarify.

The Ecommerce Bridge  allows you to create and modify HubSpot contacts, deals, products, and line item objects through a single API (instead of four). If you want a quick refresher on HubSpot objects, check out this CRM integration guide.

You are correct that there are no pre-packaged scripts to install on your online shop to sync data to HubSpot. Instead, integrators usually use middleware to configure and send API requests.

I'm not familiar with using Google Tag Manager to make these calls. Even if it is possible, though, I rather doubt it would be robust and secure enough to handle your customers' data. Happy to be proven wrong here, though!

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @icesnake.

Thanks for sharing! I'll modify the name of your post for greater visibility.

I also recommend checking out these resources:

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
icesnake

SOLVE

Hi Isaac

Many thanks for your help. i will try some of your links. i need really urgent support and help in this case.

again, thank you!

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Sure thing, @icesnake!

I can also answer general questions about the v1 and v2 ecommerce import endpoints if you need to do this yourself.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
icesnake

SOLVE

unfortunately im not a developer. yes i have a little bit expirience in coding. but not enough to ask question about code and implementing. the problem is, that i get no support from the headquaters (group) about this implementation. they have made a proposal to implement the ecommerce bridge about Google Tag Manager. But i think that will not run?

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey, @icesnake.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel like you're being supported by your organization.

Could you clarify what you mean by "[implementing] the ecommerce bridge about Google Tag Manager"? Is the goal to send ecommerce sync messages to HubSpot using only Google Tag Manager?

If so, you're correct that this will not work — you need some kind of middleware between your ERP or online shop and HubSpot.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
icesnake

SOLVE

i do not really understand what ecommerce information this script will provide. can you explain please? i need hand over from our online shop all orders, revenue and products each customer in realtime to hubspot. at the moment we have NO Sales date on customers. if you know a pragmatic way to get theme with a script you will be my hero!

concerning your question about GTM. This was the question i get from a developer from us:

I’ve reviewed the documentation you’ve provided to me. Mechanism is interesting indeed. I am just a bit surprised there is no bundled javascripts to cover the interaction between the shopping experience of the customer and Hubspot. I do appreciate it does exist when retailer use Shopify for instance.

Rather than calling the API straight from webshop code itself I would rather prefer to call the API using Google tag manager & Webshop Datalayer. That would enable to work out the code outside of webshop releases.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @icesnake.

Happy to clarify.

The Ecommerce Bridge  allows you to create and modify HubSpot contacts, deals, products, and line item objects through a single API (instead of four). If you want a quick refresher on HubSpot objects, check out this CRM integration guide.

You are correct that there are no pre-packaged scripts to install on your online shop to sync data to HubSpot. Instead, integrators usually use middleware to configure and send API requests.

I'm not familiar with using Google Tag Manager to make these calls. Even if it is possible, though, I rather doubt it would be robust and secure enough to handle your customers' data. Happy to be proven wrong here, though!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes