APIs & Integrations

netlify-data

Help - API throttling?

SOLVE
Hi,

We’ve got Fivetran set up to pull HubSpot data into our data warehouse. It’s been having problems for 1 week where syncs take hours and hours. I feel we’re being throttled on our API usage, even though I know we’re sending few API requests. We get these errors in Fivetran’s logs:

"Some Error occurred, Retrying after 60 seconds. Error : HTTP 500 Internal Server Error"
"Retrying after 60 seconds, Reason : Bad Gateway"
Where can we get some insight into this issue and whether our API usage is being throttled or blocked?
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Help - API throttling?

SOLVE

@netlify-data ,

Just did a quick check on your usage and you seem to be within the bounds. (current usage 6156, remaining: 493844) and this is a daily limit that resets at midnight your timezone.  Keep us in the loop on this.

@lynton , any insights that you can draw here?  (If this is not a fivetran issue, I feel like this one might only be solvable by HubSpot, but thought it wouldn't hurt to have you eyes on it)

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
diegofischer

Help - API throttling?

SOLVE

I have the same issue. What was the solution?
(I'm using Fivetran to sync data from Hubspot)

{
"event":"warning",
"data":{
"type":"retry_api_call",
"message":"Retrying after 60 seconds, Reason : Too many requests"
},
"created":"2021-08-14T09:51:47.871Z",
"connector_type":"hubspot",
"connector_id":"hubspot",
"connector_name":"hubspot"
}

My daily and secondly limits are within boundaries though as you can see:

X-HubSpot-RateLimit-Daily: 1000000

X-HubSpot-RateLimit-Daily-Remaining: 837628

X-HubSpot-RateLimit-Max: 200

X-HubSpot-RateLimit-Remaining: 130

X-HubSpot-RateLimit-Secondly: 20

X-HubSpot-RateLimit-Secondly-Remaining: 13

Thank you

0 Upvotes
netlify-data

Help - API throttling?

SOLVE

Thanks everyone, I'll do that! 👍

netlify-data

Help - API throttling?

SOLVE

Sure, we're also talking with @fivetran via their support system - if it helps for @fivetran this is the link to the conversation over there. It seems the @fivetran engineers still investigating what's happening either so I'm trying to rule out any API throttling from HubSpot's end and identify whether the origin of this issue is with HubSpot or Fivetran. 

@dennisedson are you able to give us any insight into whether we are being rate-limited? 

0 Upvotes
lynton
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Help - API throttling?

SOLVE

A Bad Gateway error does happen occasionally during heavy api load. Fivetran should be able to recover gracefully and continue retrying when encountering these errors. Keep pushing their support team for a resolution as they should be able to work around the network errors.

dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Help - API throttling?

SOLVE

@netlify-data ,

Just did a quick check on your usage and you seem to be within the bounds. (current usage 6156, remaining: 493844) and this is a daily limit that resets at midnight your timezone.  Keep us in the loop on this.

@lynton , any insights that you can draw here?  (If this is not a fivetran issue, I feel like this one might only be solvable by HubSpot, but thought it wouldn't hurt to have you eyes on it)

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Help - API throttling?

SOLVE

Hi @netlify-data 

We should add @Fivetran to the conversation 😀

0 Upvotes