APIs & Integrations

CTo

Has there been any updates to Hubspot API's to get more Contact's Activities types?

SOLVE

I need to retrieve data shown on Hubspot Contact/Activity screen and import them to our company internal application.  I read an article that was posted April 2020 but I was wondering if any updates to Hubspot's API to retrieve more Activity's types data.  I posted at the end of this article asking this same question.  I wasn't sure if i needed to do a new post to get a response from the Hubspot support team.  Ideally I like to use Hubspot API and avoid using external file export solution or a non-Husbpot API solution.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Get-HubSpot-Activities/m-p/332205

CTo_0-1619203248208.png

• Ad Activity
    Can't do using current api?
  • Call-to-Action
  • Email Clicked
    use Marketing Emails Get email events API
  • Email Opened
    use Marketing Emails Get email events API?
  • Form Submission
    use Form API have to pull by forms?
  • Marketing Email
    useEmail Events API?
  • Video Viewed
  • Website Activity
    use Tracking Code API?
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Has there been any updates to Hubspot API's to get more Contact's Activities types?

SOLVE

Hi @CTo 

This all seems still pretty up to date.  There is a lot of work going into it so I would think there will be some updates sooner than later!

@himanshurauthan , if I missed something, feel free to add here 😀

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CTo,

Have you tried the web analytics API?

You can get all the CRM OBJECT EVENTS ( in your case contact object ). Though this is not the perfect solution to track the ads and all but this has information that you parse and in the events response, you can find the referer details.

For fetching the engagements you might try with passing ( Engagements in association ) and you will have id to all engagements of a particular contact. 

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/contacts

Hope this helps (if yes, then don't forget to mark it as a solution 😉)

Regards, 

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
CTo

SOLVE

Per internal email from Hubspt support team.  They confirmed the following three Contact Activity types are not supported currently.

(1) Ad Activity
(2) Call To Action

(3) Video viewed

dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @CTo 

This all seems still pretty up to date.  There is a lot of work going into it so I would think there will be some updates sooner than later!

@himanshurauthan , if I missed something, feel free to add here 😀

CTo

SOLVE

thanks for your reply.  Are you saying currently there are still no way to get

(1) Ad Activity
(2) Call To Action

(3) Video viewed

Also my proposed solution to the following activity is correct?

• Email Clicked
    use Marketing Emails Get email events API
  • Email Opened
    use Marketing Emails Get email events API?
  • Form Submission
    use Form API have to pull by forms?
  • Marketing Email
    useEmail Events API?
  • Website Activity
    use Tracking Code API?

Also you mentioned "There is a lot of work going into it so I would think there will be some updates sooner than later!"

You have a date? Before end of this year.

Again thank you for your response.