APIs & Integrations

camera
Participant

Has the Owners endpoint changed without any notifications?

SOLVE

Hello all!

I used to get owners records from this endpoint: GET/crm/v3/owners/

But, until 04/18/2022 the answer used to be like this:

"results": [

{
            "id""9999999",
            "email""michael@dundermifflin.com",
            "firstName""Michael",
            "lastName""Scott",
            "userId"9999999,
            "createdAt""2015-12-29T11:09:07.578Z",
            "updatedAt""2022-02-03T17:11:06.796Z",
            "archived"false,
            "teams": [
                {
                    "id""99999",
                    "name""Diretoria",
                    "membership": secondary
                }
            ]
        },
(...)

The membership key could be these values: none/child/secondary

Now, it's coming like this:

"results": [

{
            "id""9999999",
            "email""michael@dundermifflin.com",
            "firstName""Michael",
            "lastName""Scott",
            "userId"9999999,
            "createdAt""2015-12-29T11:09:07.578Z",
            "updatedAt""2022-02-03T17:11:06.796Z",
            "archived"false,
            "teams": [
                {
                    "id""99999",
                    "name""Diretoria",
                    "primary": true
                }
            ]
        },
(...)

Did have any changes in the API? Where can I get more information about this situation?

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@camera 

I talked with the team, and there was a change made due to a bug fix.  Typically, we would give you a heads up on changes, but there was some miscommunition on our part and we did not notify you here.  I apoloize for  this and hope you are able to modify your code.

Here is the reasoning:

Bugfix: The public Owners API response is replacing team membership designation with a simple isPrimary flag.

Whats changing?
The GET `/crm/v3/owners/` endpoint, to fetch Owner information, includes the teams the owning user is able to access.

Up until now, we would specify the membership on that team as primary/child/secondary via the "membership" field.

However, this team membership information was not accurate as it was considering any non-primary team to also be a child-team. Therefore any secondary teams were being returned twice, marked as a child team as well.

Since these membership designations were inaccurate, we're replacing the "membership" field with a simple "primary" flag for each team the owning user can access. This flag is a simple boolean, `true` if the team is the owning user's primary team, and `false` otherwise.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
camera
Participant

SOLVE

Dennis,

Thanks for your help!

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@camera 

I talked with the team, and there was a change made due to a bug fix.  Typically, we would give you a heads up on changes, but there was some miscommunition on our part and we did not notify you here.  I apoloize for  this and hope you are able to modify your code.

Here is the reasoning:

Bugfix: The public Owners API response is replacing team membership designation with a simple isPrimary flag.

Whats changing?
The GET `/crm/v3/owners/` endpoint, to fetch Owner information, includes the teams the owning user is able to access.

Up until now, we would specify the membership on that team as primary/child/secondary via the "membership" field.

However, this team membership information was not accurate as it was considering any non-primary team to also be a child-team. Therefore any secondary teams were being returned twice, marked as a child team as well.

Since these membership designations were inaccurate, we're replacing the "membership" field with a simple "primary" flag for each team the owning user can access. This flag is a simple boolean, `true` if the team is the owning user's primary team, and `false` otherwise.