APIs & Integrations

nyergler
Participant

HTTP 500 "internal error" when creating CRM imports

SOLVE

We provide a mechanism for users to easily pipe data from their internal databases into CRMs like Hubspot. We do this for Hubspot using the CRM Import endpoints.

Starting on April 9, we've been seeing intermittent HTTP 500 responses when POSTing to `/crm/v3/imports` endpoint. The "message" field of the error response is "internal error".

Is there a way to track down more details using the correlation or request ID? It seems like this is on the Hubspot side -- the request succeeds the next time we attempt it -- and it's only a few per day, but it's a noticeable change from before and I'd like to make sure this isn't something I'm doing incorrectly.

Here are a 3 request IDs that displayed this behavior today:

* ad874a88-8bd4-422f-9495-cc7c2fbd4d05

* 6c4ac760-eafa-4fac-bd76-6b58b664577b

* 3c16890b-b108-4b7b-82d4-c1441919f478

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
nyergler
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

The ratio is quite low -- less than 1% of POST requests. (Unfortunately I can't calculate with more precision.)

The surprising thing to me is that we went months with no "internal error" failures, and suddenly we're seeing them a few times a day. That sort of increase made me wonder if something had changed resulting in the errors.

We've updated our retry logic to consider this "normal", and it sounds like that's the right thing to do from Hubspot's perspective.

Thanks as always for all your help!

Nathan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
nyergler
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

The ratio is quite low -- less than 1% of POST requests. (Unfortunately I can't calculate with more precision.)

The surprising thing to me is that we went months with no "internal error" failures, and suddenly we're seeing them a few times a day. That sort of increase made me wonder if something had changed resulting in the errors.

We've updated our retry logic to consider this "normal", and it sounds like that's the right thing to do from Hubspot's perspective.

Thanks as always for all your help!

Nathan

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Cool.  Do keep an eye on it.  (I am sure you will) and always feel free to report back if it becomes clear that something is definitely wrong here!

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @nyergler 

You can expect to see some transient 500 errors as I am sure you are aware.  What is your ratio of errors to requests? 

0 Upvotes