APIs & Integrations

purrlo
Participant

HS not respecting formatting when creating email engagement

I currently pass the contents (description / comments) of some Zendesk tickets to HubSpot - creating email engagements on either the Deal or Contact record as appropriate.

The existing line breaks / formatting within the data is not being respected, resulting in large chunks of text that are hard to read, like this:

image.png

I am using Integromat to pass the data, and the input to the Email Engagement module looks like this (where 'Description' and 'Comment' are coming from a Zendesk module)

purrlo_1-1599526569654.png

The manual HTML is fine, it's the contents of the 'Description' and 'Comment' inputs it does not respect.

Other modules - Slack, etc - are able to read the formatting of the 'Description' and 'Comment' inputs without issue, so this seems to be isolated to HubSpot as a problem.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know a work around?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
OLM
Participant

I can't speak for purrlo but I'm having the same issue. Creating email engagements (legacy data, crm migration) and while the API responds with the email text properly formatted, the UI ignores newlines. I am passing plain text email body content through the metadata "text" field ("html" is not populated). Judging by the fact that the UI still provides the formatting tools when you go to edit an email body, seems pretty clear it is simply assuming all email bodies are HTML regardless of how it was populated.

0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Hello @purrlo 

Do we have html content available for the ticket comments / description? Also wondering if while creating email engagements for contact/deal, you are using html/text parameter to pass email content.

himanshurauthan_0-1599632473534.png

May be it can help!

Thanks

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

hey @purrlo,

Yeah, that is not so readable...

In that example, are the tags being stripped?  Would like to see the html for that email example you provided out of curiosity.  

Additionally, going to throw a few fellow community members into this thread to see if they have thoughts 🙂 

@HenryCipolla , @himanshurauthan , @jpsanchez -- you all have any thoughts on this?

Somewhat unrelated, what are your thoughts on Integromat?  I have never used it

thanks!

0 Upvotes