APIs & Integrations

NNelissen
Participant

Granular Scope Migration

SOLVE

Hi team

I would like to know more about granular scope migration

For auto migration, how is it going to choose the scopes for an app?

More specifically, if our app has a contacts scope how will it get changed to granular scopes?

Which all granular scopes will be assigned to the app during auto migration

And will the scope be added based on the API calls made so far using the app?

Does that mean will it add all required scopes based on the app's historical API usage?

Is it possible that we may miss any required scopes while doing auto migration 

say for eg we need crm.objects.companies.write scope and if this scope is not added during auto migration, it will break all the API calls made to create the company

Will, there be such a situation if we are choosing the auto migration process?

Could you please explain the procedure of how the app scopes will be migrated? Mainly we are concerned about which all scopes will be added after migration and is there any chance to miss any scopes during the automatic process?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Granular Scope Migration

SOLVE

@NNelissen ,

I have given your questions to the team in charge.  I will get you a response as soon as I have one, but just a heads up, it may be next week before they are able to get back to me. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
NNelissen
Participant

Granular Scope Migration

SOLVE

HI @dennisedson @JBarnes2 

Can you please share your thoughts on the below qiuestions as we need to communicate to customers?

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Granular-Scope-Migration/m-p/580049/highlight/tru...

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
JBarnes2

Granular Scope Migration

SOLVE

Gettng an error when I try to update the scopes after doing a rollback.  MY chrome is updated nowScreen Shot 2022-01-25 at 3.15.14 PM.png

0 Upvotes
NNelissen
Participant

Granular Scope Migration

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson 

Can we get an answer today?

Since we have to take a decision on whether to go with auto or manual migration depending on the feedback to the above questions

And as documented if we are choosing manual migration its important that we need to complete the opt-out form on or before October 22, 2021

So could you please provide us an update by EOD?

If we complete the opt-out form by October 22, 2021, Is there an option to change it back to auto migration later?

Could you please share a list of new granular scopes along with the old scope and endpoint details?

Please help us with an answer to the above questions ASAP

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
NNelissen
Participant

Granular Scope Migration

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson 

Thanks for your quick response

We have a few more questions

When will the auto migration happen?IS it possible to get the exact date of auto-migration?

Is there any option for a rollback in auto migration?

What if we run into issues while doing the auto migration? What happens if there are any errors? Will it impact customers in anyways for that specific time period?

Will, there be any service disruption during migration?

After migration

1. we are using legacy api, will it work with contacts scope?
  2. we are using legacy api, will it work with the new granular scope?
  3. Will the new version API work with contacts scope.?
  4. whether Auto or Manual, will the access token generated before the migration work, or do we need to ask Customers to reconnect?

In the documentation https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/contacts/get_contacts, all legacy endpoints are still pointing to the old scope

Thanks

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Granular Scope Migration

SOLVE

@NNelissen , as promised:

1. IS it possible to get the exact date of auto-migration?
  • We will notify app developers when their app has been auto-migrated. The auto-migration will occur between November 1-19, 2021.

1. Is there any option for a rollback in auto migration?

We will be trialing all applications prior to migration to ensure we do not encounter any errors. On the off chance an application is migrated and runs into an issue, we do have the ability to rollback and all this will require is a token refresh on the app developers end.

3.What if we run into issues while doing the auto migration? What happens if there are any errors? Will it impact customers in anyways for that specific time period?
    We will be trialing all applications prior to migration to ensure we do not encounter any errors. On the off chance we run into an issue during/after the migration, we can rollback the migration and as soon as an app developer refreshes their tokens the app will revert back to pre-migration scopes.

4.Will, there be any service disruption during migration?
    No, this migration effort will be seamless. If we encounter any errors, we will notify impacted apps to refresh their tokens; however, we developed trialing to specifically identify any potential errors prior to migration.

After migration

• we are using legacy api, will it work with contacts scope?
    Yes, but the contacts scope will be officially deprecated on January 31, 2022, so app developers will need to update their apps to granular CRM scopes to continue working.
  •  
  • we are using legacy api, will it work with the new granular scope?
    Yes, the legacy API will work with the new granular CRM scopes.

• Will the new version API work with contacts scope.?
    Yes, but the contacts scope will be officially deprecated on January 31, 2022, so app developers will need to update their apps to granular CRM scopes to continue working.

• whether Auto or Manual, will the access token generated before the migration work, or do we need to ask Customers to reconnect?
    No, you will not need to ask existing customers to reconnect. There will be no reauthorization required since HubSpot will be reducing your app’s access to their data. 
0 Upvotes
NNelissen
Participant

Granular Scope Migration

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson 

I have few questions

whether Auto or Manual, will the access token be generated before the migration work, or do we need to ask Customers to reconnect? To Elaborate more, whether auto or manual.
Programatically, Can we use the refresh token generated before migration to generate access token after migration in Refresh token API endpoint?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Granular Scope Migration

SOLVE

@NNelissen ,

I have given your questions to the team in charge.  I will get you a response as soon as I have one, but just a heads up, it may be next week before they are able to get back to me. 

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Granular Scope Migration

SOLVE

@NNelissen 

Auto-migration and manual migration recommend granular CRM scopes the same way (app's historical api usage). the only difference is we do steps 1-6 for them and we trial the app for a specific time period to make sure we don't see any errors/won't fail migration.

0 Upvotes
NNelissen
Participant

Granular Scope Migration

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson 
Since ours is an integration platform, we have a lot of existing Hubspot connections which was connected with the old scope before scope migration. The access token, refresh token generated earlier where of using the old scope and once the access token is expired we keep on the refreshing token and it won't go through OAuth authorize the first step

Do you think after the deprecation date will the existing connection works with access token,refresh token generated using old scope, or do we need to reconnect the connection

Please let us know your insights on this

Please get back ASAP

Thanks!!

0 Upvotes