APIs & Integrations

JorgeA
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Google Tag Manager Integration

Hi! 

We've been using Hubspot for a few months, and in the first days we paste the tracking code directly on the website and detected no problems.

But a couple of weeks ago we had a migration and reinstalled the tracking code throught Google Tag Manager. Then, we watched some errors on leads tracking, like wrong source identify, wrong pages visited... 

We talked with Hubspot live support and they told us that tracking code inserted throught Google Tag Manager provokes errors, but we'd like to get more info about this topic. 

Does anyone have further information? 

2 Replies 2
eal
Participant

I've been having a LOT of problems since we migrated from Wordpress to the Hubspot CMS with respect to the tags and Google Search Console. One of the issues is that we are getting "dinged" when the search console pulls up urls associated with the blogs as the underlying template did not properly define h1 tags. Honestly, throughout the entire migration site, the Hubspot conversion team used H3 tags in place of h1 tags, and we took a HUGE hit in Google search before we discoverd it. Still trying to figure out how to fix the underlying template, but my attempt to get Hubspot to help via a support ticket was turned down. 

I'm also trying to figure out how to tag the urls associated with the CTA buttons so that we don't get dinged for those not having H1 tags by Google search.  If anyone knows, please holler.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @JorgeA , I believe folks will use GTM with the tracking code and there shouldn't be an issue. Wrong attribution wouldn't happen due to an error with how you're applying the tracking code. It's all or nothing, so if the tracking code is firing and is tracking contacts, attribution issues points to something else entirely which I'd consult Support about. Do you have a page where you think the tracking code isn't working on that I could check out?

0 Upvotes