APIs & Integrations

redbranchmedia
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner

Google Sunsetting CSE - Need true search option

Hubspot hasn’t really ever offered a true search option/module. They offer Google site search and directed users to set up a Google Custom Search Engine for custom functionality.

Google site search isn’t an option for my clients because the last thing they want is for competitors ads to show up when their users are searching the site. Previously, they have been using Google CSEs, but Google announced they are shutting those down at the end of 2017. https://searchengineland.com/google-sunset-google-site-search-product-recommends-ad-supported-custom...

This leaves no options for my Hubspot clients. It’s time to create a true, search engine option.

0 Upvotes
1 Antwort
sreid9
Teilnehmer/-in

Google Sunsetting CSE - Need true search option

Swiftype Site Search is a site search option for Hubspot and a good alternative to Google Custom Search. It’s easy to set up and comes with a dashboard where you can customize your search experience and view analytics. A few cool features:

• Drag-and-drop result ranking
  • Custom weighting
  • Faceted search
  • Autocomplete dropdown

Swiftype’s API is extensively documented and you can fully customize the search UI to match your templates. You can index any amount of content with Swiftype and new content is indexed automatically.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or send me a message.