APIs & Integrations

Aaaaandrei
参加者

Google Event creation based on personalised tokens

Hi

I would like to include an Add to Calendar Button in one of my emails that creates a Google Calendar Event upon clicking. Here's the code for it:

<a href="http://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&dates={{my_deal.event_date|datetimeformat('%Y%m%d') }}%2F{{my_deal.event_date|datetimeformat('%Y%m%d')}}&text=Some%20description%20text%20goes%20here"

The event date is dynamic based on the type of event the user has registered for and therefore, I had to add deal tokens to &dates= in the url in order to pick the correct date for that deal. 

The problem I'm facing is, when testing this, google always picks today's date. The data from the deal is flowing correctly and it's printing fine in the email. It should in theory work here as well. 

%Y%m%d is in ISO format too. 

I'm not seeing where the issue is occurring.  Has anyone come across this before?

0 いいね!
3件の返信
Derek_Gervais
元HubSpot社員
元HubSpot社員

Hey @Aaaaandrei ,

I don't believe the datetimeformat  is supported in email templates. My guess is that the filter isn't working correctly, leading to a malformed URL, which Google then defaults to the current day. I know the team would like to support these filters for email templates, but I don't currently have any timeframe on that.

0 いいね!
Aaaaandrei
参加者

Thanks for your answer @Derek_Gervais - indeed it would be great if filters would be supported in Email templates. 

Am I correct to assume that when those filters would be supported, HubDB data would also work in emails? If not is this something the team will be looking at in the future?

Cheers,

Andrei 

0 いいね!
Derek_Gervais
元HubSpot社員
元HubSpot社員

Hey @Aaaaandrei ,

That's a good question; supporting HubL filters on object tokens wouldn't necessarily mean that HubDB data would be supported. I would imagine that those would be separate concersns, and likely wouldn't be part of the same change unless that change is a major overhaul of sorts.

Happy to pass that feedback along as well; as I mentioned before, I'd also encourge you to post these ideas to the Ideas Forum, which is the best place to draw support for your feedback/ideas among the broader HubSpot community.

0 いいね!