APIs & Integrations

TLeong
Participant

Google Cloud Function (Python script) to connect custom apps

SOLVE

Hi Team,

I'm new to Hubspot custom apps integration. I have created the custom apps in the Developer account and successfully installed in the test account.

Here is the problem, I would like to use Python script in Google Cloud Function, to integrate with my custom apps in Hubspot.

I would like to create an action button for this custom CRM card, with the Python script in GCF.

Is there any use case/reference? or any expert work on this before?

Appreciate it.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JBeatty
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TLeong,

First you'll need to set up your Google Cloud Functions and ensure it can be accessed through HTTP. Having worked primarily with AWS, I am not an expert in that in anyway with Google Cloud so I will just point you to some tutorials on setting a python Cloud Function with HTTP. Here and here. Though the process should be similar to AWS Serverless Functions.

Next you'll need to create the CRM card, to do that I recomend reading through these pages: This Blogpost, The Legacy Docs, and The Current Docs. Between these three pages is all the information you need to be able to generate the JSON schema you want to send through the API listed on the current docs to create the card. Notice in The Legacy Docs the "Action" section of the JSON schema which is where you will put the URL to your Gooogle Cloud Function.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Joshua Beatty
Software Developer with Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JBeatty
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TLeong,

First you'll need to set up your Google Cloud Functions and ensure it can be accessed through HTTP. Having worked primarily with AWS, I am not an expert in that in anyway with Google Cloud so I will just point you to some tutorials on setting a python Cloud Function with HTTP. Here and here. Though the process should be similar to AWS Serverless Functions.

Next you'll need to create the CRM card, to do that I recomend reading through these pages: This Blogpost, The Legacy Docs, and The Current Docs. Between these three pages is all the information you need to be able to generate the JSON schema you want to send through the API listed on the current docs to create the card. Notice in The Legacy Docs the "Action" section of the JSON schema which is where you will put the URL to your Gooogle Cloud Function.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Joshua Beatty
Software Developer with Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

TLeong
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @JBeatty 

Thank you for your reply.

I managed to customize the CRM card with button.

I have created the python file in GCF and include the json file.

The CRM card then managed to grab the data from the json file and display in the card.

Thanks

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@wfong , @BJacobson , @JBeatty 

Can any of you help @TLeong out here?

@TLeong , welcome to the world of HubSpot 😀

0 Upvotes
TLeong
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @dennisedson 😀

I try to use Postman mock url with Example data and managed to display the action button & data.

However, still struggle on the Python part, to display CRM card information using Python, as I would like to deploy it on Google Cloud Function.

This is the desired output:

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 10.34.37 PM.png

(this is the test result I have created from Postman by using mock url) 

Thanks