APIs & Integrations

ezrasbell

Google Click ID property taken but not accessible

Hello, I've contacted support but they didn't have an answer so I'm trying here.

My zapier action with Hubspot CRM is currently working. The new contacts are being generated and as you can see in the screenshot below, the gclid is being passed through a property called hs_google_click_id:

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 11.03.34 AM.png

Here you can see that the member was created:

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 11.13.53 AM.png

But the property does not appear. I've tried searching other keywords including simply searching Google, to no avail:

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 11.12.31 AM.png

So I tried creating a new property but I got the error message that this field is taken: 

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 11.11.55 AM.png

I'm trying to track the success of google ad campaigns based on the average lead scores for each GCLID. This means I need to be able to filter through my contact list based on GCLID, but I can't do that because the google click property (which exists and collects a value but is hidden) cannot be accessed.

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ezrasbell,

I believe I'm able to shed some lights here. 

1. To confirm if this property exist, I used this endpoint - Get a Contact Property | Contact Properties API to see if there's a contact property - hs_google_click_id.

https://api.hubspot.com/properties/v1/contacts/properties/named/hs_google_click_id?hapikey={{hapikey}}

2. I was able to see that it return back a response. From the response, I noticed that the property is set to hidden: true; which is likely why you're not seeing the property on the contact record or on the contact property settings.

3. Additionally, I can also confirm that the value has been passed over to the contact - Charlie, by using this endpoint - Get a contact by its vid and included the following parameter:

&properties=hs_google_click_id

In the response body, I'm able to see that the property hs_google_click_id contain value. 

4. In this case, I'd suggest for you to update the contact property hs_google_click_id to set the hidden to false, by using this endpoint - Update a contact property | Contact Properties API. Something like this:

{
            "name": "hs_google_click_id",
            "description": "",
            "fieldType": "text",
            "groupName":"conversioninformation",
            "formField": true,
            "type": "string",
            "label": "Google ad click id",
            "hidden":"false"
        }

Once the property is set to hidden: false, you should be able to see the property hs_google_click_id with value on the contact records.

0 Upvotes
herodotuseducat
Contributor

hello wendy!

could you unhide that field for me as well please! i've set everything up, i'm ready for sync with my google ads account, however the field is hidden in my hubpsot account! i have put forward a ticket request too.

0 Upvotes
ezrasbell

Thanks @WendyGoh, but if you review my original post, I'm not having any trouble sending the data to hubspot. Zapier takes care of that automatically. I'm also not making an API call so setting the property from hidden to visible shouldn't be required. The issue is that, in Hubspot, I don't see any evidence that this property can be accessed. In Salesforce I can create a custom field on my lead object and it appears in my Zapier create action, but with Hubspot I have the inverse problem. The property is there but Hubspot doesn't have any documentation on how to expose it. 

0 Upvotes
ezrasbell

@WendyGoh Can you find out from a developer if that Zapier API call associated with the GCLID field has the "hidden: false" property included? My guess is that it's not and since there is no user interface element that I can use in app to switch it to visible manually, I'm stuck.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @ezrasbell,

I have confirmed with our internal team that the property Google ad click id is created with hidden: true by default as it is essentially an encrypted string that tells Google Analytics and Ads what campaign, ad group, etc. to attribute the click to.

That said, I understand from your use case that you'd like to create a list based on the Google ad click id property and so I have went ahead to update the hidden parameter to false. Now, you should be able to see the property Google ad click id on contacts.

Let me know if you've any further questions on this!

0 Upvotes
ezrasbell

Thanks @WendyGoh, I was excited to read your message however when I logged in and checked the properties, the hs_google_click_id is still hidden and taken. I searched my contact's property for "google" and "gclid" with no luck:

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 10.06.45 AM.png

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @ezrasbell,

That's strange. I did another POST to update the property on portal 6260637 and I'm able to see that the Google ad click id is showing up:

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.59.19 AM.png

Could you try and see if it's showing up on your end now?

0 Upvotes
justinadswizz
Participant

Hi

I'm trying to do this integration with HS and Google Ads via Zapier as well.

I was able to add the Google ad click id to as a property in Zapier but doesn't look like it has any value.

Also, I still cant' find this property in Hubspot to see if we have a value for any of our contacts.

PLease help!

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @justinadswizz,

The Google ad click id property is hidden by default. 

As such, can I check if you've updated the contact property hs_google_click_id to set the hidden to false, by using this endpoint - Update a contact property | Contact Properties API? Something like this:

{
            "name": "hs_google_click_id",
            "description": "",
            "fieldType": "text",
            "groupName":"conversioninformation",
            "formField": true,
            "type": "string",
            "label": "Google ad click id",
            "hidden":"false"
        }

0 Upvotes
justinadswizz
Participant

Yes, are you able to check?

I do see this property in Zapier, but when we do a test it looks like there is no value. Why would that be?

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @justinadswizz,

Could you share with me the portal ID in question?