APIs & Integrations

Churchilltax10

Google Ads Lead Form Extension needs a CRM webhook URL and key?

Hi All,

I have added the Lead Form Extension to my Google Ads campaign and to track leads accurately I can direct them to Hubspot.

I need a webhook Url and key, from Hubspot I presume, and I don't know what this is.  Can someone help me, please?

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
MSerranoSolà
Participant

Hello @WendyGoh , 

I have the same question as Yves: is it still necessary to use Zapier in order to sync lead gen form extension of Google Ads into HubSpot? Is this something that will change this year?

Thank you!

Best, 

Marta

0 Upvotes
YvesFrateur
Participant

Hi @WendyGoh ,
Is my understanding correct that currently we still need to use Zapier (a paid external subscription) in order to retrieve Google Ads leads directly into Hubspot? Will Hubspot develop a webhook solution in 2022?
Looking forward to your feedback!
Kind regards,
Yves

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @Churchilltax10,

I believe this is a similar ask from this dev forum discussion - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Webhook-URL-to-create-contacts-from-Google-Ads-le... and as I mentioned:

HubSpot currently doesn't support webhook URL that accept incoming POST requests. Our Webhooks API allows HubSpot to send outgoing POST requests to a webhook URL customer defines. Hence, in this case, you wouldn't be able to plug a HubSpot URL as an HTTP POST request to sync Google leads directly to HubSpot.

That said, you might want to explore option such as - Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/google-lead-form-extension/integrations/hubspot.

Do let me know if there's any further questions on this. Happy to help!

digitalkev

Hi Wendy,

Do you know if webhook URL and key are supported now? I am looking to do the same. I came across this Hubspot article, and it mentioned about webhook URL, but I am not sure if it is supported. It seems like it does, but I am not too sure. 

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @digitalkev,

The Webhooks API and Use webhooks with HubSpot workflows have been supported by HubSpot for a long while. Is there a particular use case in which you'd like to use the HubSpot webhook for? I'd be happy to shed some lights!

0 Upvotes
digitalkev

Hi

I recently set up Google Ads Lead Gen Form extension and they are asking me for the Webhook URL and Key. See here for the Google support doc for setup. 

If Webhook URL is supported, I am assuming I need to create an account with Hubspot developer portal, so I can get the webhook URL. I am just commenting on this thread because a user had the same question, and you said it didn't support back in Feb 2020. Some of Hubspot features tend to take a while for it to be implemented...

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @digitalkev,

Thanks for the clarification! I'd be happy to shed some lights here. 

HubSpot currently doesn't support webhook URL that accept incoming POST requests. Our Webhooks API allows HubSpot to send outgoing POST requests to a webhook URL customer defines.

Hence, in this case, you wouldn't be able to plug a HubSpot URL as an HTTP POST request to sync Google leads directly to HubSpot.

That said, you might want to explore option such as - Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/google-lead-form-extension/integrations/hubspot.

Do let me know if there's any further questions on this. Happy to help!

0 Upvotes