APIs & Integrations

christopher_aki

Getting submissionGuid data

SOLVE

I’d like to get data from the submissionGuid parameter that gets past to the redirect URL. While I can get the ID from the query parameter, what is the method to actually get the data out of this id? I’d imagine it can return a JSON object, but is there a way to get it through the API? Is it stored as a JS variable in the browser?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, all.

To update this thread, it still isn't possible to query the HubSpot API by submissionGuid, but you can retrieve submissions from specific forms with this endpoint.

If you'd like HubSpot to release a public endpoint supporting submissionGuid values, please post a feature request here and share it below. (At the time of writing, I found no similar feature requests.) Once an idea is posted, please navigate to the feature request itself (not the post in this thread) and upvote and comment on it so that the relevant HubSpot product teams understand your use cases.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @Elena2.

Thanks for reaching out.

I do not have a substantive update at this time. It is still not possible to query the HubSpot API by submissionGuid.

With that said, I have once again raised this request and its use cases to the forms team so that they are aware of it as they plan the next version of the Forms API.

Isaac Takushi

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @christopher.akins,

There isn’t really a way to get the form submission info directly; you might instead consider passing certain fields (hidden or otherwise) to the thank you page as query parameters. This is a common way to populate dynamic content on thank you pages.

0 Upvotes
FS-Dev

SOLVE

How do we pass query string parameters to the thank you page?

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, all.

To update this thread, it still isn't possible to query the HubSpot API by submissionGuid, but you can retrieve submissions from specific forms with this endpoint.

If you'd like HubSpot to release a public endpoint supporting submissionGuid values, please post a feature request here and share it below. (At the time of writing, I found no similar feature requests.) Once an idea is posted, please navigate to the feature request itself (not the post in this thread) and upvote and comment on it so that the relevant HubSpot product teams understand your use cases.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Elena2
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @IsaacTakushi,

If you have any update on using submissionGuid to track particular form submission?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @Elena2.

Thanks for reaching out.

I do not have a substantive update at this time. It is still not possible to query the HubSpot API by submissionGuid.

With that said, I have once again raised this request and its use cases to the forms team so that they are aware of it as they plan the next version of the Forms API.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
KMiyamoto

SOLVE

Hi, @IsaacTakushi 

Is there any progress in updating the Forms API for the above issue?

I would like to include the submissionGuid in the following API response.

https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/forms/get-submissions-for-a-form

I have found invalid SubmissionIDs such as spam in other analysis tools, but I have no way to check which contact it is.

0 Upvotes
linhacanabica
Participant

SOLVE

Do we really have no prediction of when or if it will be possible to use submissionGuid to retrieve data from visitors who filled out a form?

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @linhacanabica.

Not at this time.

I'll share this feedback with the team, but they look largely to the Ideas Forum I linked above for feature requests, so if you wish to see this feature developed, please post with a detailed use case and share here so that I and other people can help upvote as well.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
axeloz

SOLVE

Hello, any update on this?

This would be really useful.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @christopher.akins,

There isn’t currently a public API for pulling contact information based on a submissionGuid. Could you give me some info as to what exactly you’re trying to get? If you’re just looking to get the contact info, you could use the contacts API:

Get recently updated and created contacts | Contacts API

GET /contacts/v1/lists/recently_updated/contacts/recent - For a given portal, return all contacts that have been recently updated or created. A paginated list of contacts will be returned to you, with a maximum of 100 contacts per page, as specified...

0 Upvotes
christopher_aki

SOLVE

Cool. Yeah, I was mostly just wanting to get the form data that is submitted, and I thought that was the reason submissionGuid was being passed to the redirectUrl. Is there another method to get the POST data from the form on the subsequent redirect URL? For instance, if I include a hidden field that populates my page/post ID, I’d use that ID to grab post data on the thank you page to populate dynamic content on that page. So, it’s not really the Contact info I need, I just want the data from the form but I still want to use the embed code. Thanks for the help!