APIs & Integrations

noag

Getting properties versions in get recently modified companies API

SOLVE

Hi, I am using get recently modified companies api  (/companies/v2/companies/recent/modified), and  I would like to get the history of the property values. 
in get recently modified deals api the I can send includePropertyVersions=true and history will return for all properties.

in get recently modified contacts api I can send propertyMode=value_and_history to get the history.

in get all companies I can send propertiesWithHistory to the properties I want to get the history for.

any way to get that in recent companies?

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @noag and @Ivaylo.

Unfortunately, the Get recently modified companies endpoint does not return property histories. I recognize this is a painful inconsistency in our APIs and have passed along feedback to the team.

At this time, the best alternative is to query the Get all companies endpoint and include the propertiesWithHistory parameter for each of the properties you wish to analyze.

To filter the list of all companies, you could sort by the hs_lastmodifieddate property and look for values which are greater (more recent) than a specific millisecond timestamp.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @noag and @Ivaylo.

Unfortunately, the Get recently modified companies endpoint does not return property histories. I recognize this is a painful inconsistency in our APIs and have passed along feedback to the team.

At this time, the best alternative is to query the Get all companies endpoint and include the propertiesWithHistory parameter for each of the properties you wish to analyze.

To filter the list of all companies, you could sort by the hs_lastmodifieddate property and look for values which are greater (more recent) than a specific millisecond timestamp.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
chriz
Participant

SOLVE

What kind of answer should this be? We are using the recent companies endpoint to keep track of newly created/updated companies to not collect all companies each time. 

Why is every single api working differently here? Honestly, if I get the modified companies, I do expect the same output as I would query them from the "all companies" endpoint. 

This bs cause a big bug in our infrastructure as we do overwrite domains with only the single one that we get from the recent companies.

What a freaking mess.

Ivaylo
Participant

SOLVE

Hey. I am facing the exact same problem at the moment. Would appriciate some help on that. 

0 Upvotes