APIs & Integrations

mmettler
Participant

Getting duplicate deal creation/deletion webhooks

Résolue

Hey all,

I am getting duplicate, unique events for when a deal is being created or deleted. 

* Both are subscription ID 10836

* Both are for my same account ID and App ID

* Both have retry attempts = 0

I confirmed that I only added one subscription of this type to my app.

Any advice? I'm not sure if I'm allowed/should publicly post the account ID and app ID, but I do have all that info.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi, @mmettler.

Thanks for your patience. The widespread duplicate deal notification behavior you reported has been resolved.

While the team has implemented changes which should minimize this from happening in the future, we cannot guarantee that a single event will not trigger more than one notification.

Per the Webhooks API Overview:

NOTE ON UNIQUENESS: We do not guarantee that you will only get a single notification for an event. Though this should be rare, it is possible that we will send you the same notification multiple times.

The language above was in place before this most recent incident.

Still, apologies for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you are still encountering duplicate webhook notifications for deals with every update.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
4 Réponses
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Welcome, @mmettler.

I can see some information on my end, so if you can just confirm the last four digits of your Hub ID and app ID, that would be helpful!

Isaac Takushi

0 Votes
mmettler
Participant

Résolue

Hi Isaac,

Sorry for the late reply. This fixed itself, but it started happening again as of Friday.

Last 4 digits of app ID are 7286; last 4 digits of the portal are 8916 for the portal that is holding all the applications, and 5086 for the production portal whose webhooks are being sent to this app.

0 Votes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi, @mmettler.

We've received similar reports and I've been able to reproduce this behavior. I've looped in the team and we'll be taking a closer look.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for your patience.

Isaac Takushi

0 Votes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi, @mmettler.

Thanks for your patience. The widespread duplicate deal notification behavior you reported has been resolved.

While the team has implemented changes which should minimize this from happening in the future, we cannot guarantee that a single event will not trigger more than one notification.

Per the Webhooks API Overview:

NOTE ON UNIQUENESS: We do not guarantee that you will only get a single notification for an event. Though this should be rare, it is possible that we will send you the same notification multiple times.

The language above was in place before this most recent incident.

Still, apologies for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you are still encountering duplicate webhook notifications for deals with every update.

Isaac Takushi

0 Votes