APIs & Integrations

msp

Getting Email Events From A Contact's Engagement

Hello,

I’m trying to extract the number of times an email has been opened (the same information that’s shown when navigating to a contact’s page and viewing their activity). It seems like the Email Event API is the what I should use, however I am trying to identify this email by it’s engagement id, and I’m not finding a way to relate them.

How can I find the email event(s) that correspond with the email engagement shown in the contact page?

–Matt

9 Replies 9
ECornus
Participant

I'm currently looking to do something similar. Has there been any updates on this topic as I can't seem to find anything in the API docs.

0 Upvotes
PChalasani
Contributor

I will chime in here: @Derek_Gervais  are there any plans to make available Engagement email interactions (opens, clicks) via the API ?

0 Upvotes
WLambe

Hi 

Any news about this topic?

0 Upvotes
msp

@Derek_Gervais,

Oh ok, good to know, thanks for your help.

–Matt

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @msp,

Sorry for not including this initially, looks like I lost some of the draft response I was working on. Engagement data (opens, clicks, etc) aren’t available via the API. This information is only visible in the HubSpot UI (activity stream, contact record, etc.)

adamarla
Participant

Hi Derek - Any chance access to opens, clicks, is available via API now. Thanks!

premkumarsiva7

Hi @Derek_Gervais 

Just wanted to get a quick update on this, Do we have the option to get Engagement data (Like Open, clicks, etc...) were available via the API? 

I see that you had mentioned this was not available in the exposed API long back. So is this still applicable or do we have any updated information?

Please do needful!!! Since I'm in mid something.

msp

@Derek_Gervais,

Ok, I won’t look at the Email Event API then. However I’m struggling to find the right information from the Engagements API. Where can i find information on whether the recipient has opened a tracked email (and how many times)?

The information I’m looking for can be seen in the Hubspot GUI here:

–Matt

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @msp,

The Email Event API only returns engagement information for marketing emails. Events related to Sales emails will not appear in the results. The Engagements API can be used to return information on specific email engagements.

0 Upvotes