APIs & Integrations

bulbul

Getting 403 status code while adding webhook subscription using api

SOLVE

Hi, 

Getting 403 status code while adding webhook subscription using api.  Could anybody please let me know, what are the prerequisites  this apis,

Thanks,

Bulbul

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @bulbul 

This error is commonly encountered when there is an issue with the scopes of the app. To confirm here, your app will need to be configured to require the contacts scope.

This scope must be set up before you will be able to create any any webhook subscriptions, either from your developer account in the app settings, or when using the Webhooks API to configure subscriptions.

See the OAuth documentation for more details about scopes and setting up the authorization URL for your app.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @bulbul 

This error is commonly encountered when there is an issue with the scopes of the app. To confirm here, your app will need to be configured to require the contacts scope.

This scope must be set up before you will be able to create any any webhook subscriptions, either from your developer account in the app settings, or when using the Webhooks API to configure subscriptions.

See the OAuth documentation for more details about scopes and setting up the authorization URL for your app.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes