APIs & Integrations

hilton22
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Get user session information through CRM card

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm trying to create a Hubspot app where the user can call a external app throught a CRM card. 

The user logs in Hubspot via SSO tool. In some point of the operation, we desire that the user clicks in a button and be redirected, or opens a modal to a external app. The goal here is to create a "user experience" where, on click event in Hubspot UI plugin (CRM card), the session data is passing to the external app, without requiring the user to make another login process. This card coud be at contact or deal screen.

Is that possible? I already seen others plugins with something similar. If it's so, where I can find the documentation for this?

Thanks, 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
acurtwright
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey there!

This sounds like an excellent use case for the CRM Extensions API. The CRM Extensions API allows users to view and update data for an external database via a CRM card. Using the Actions feature, you can also trigger an iFrame modal with an external URL when a user clicks on an action hook (this could be a button in the CRM Extension card for example). You can review our documentation on that here.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
acurtwright
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

The numeric userId and userEmail  of the user requesting data are included in the outgoing request as query parameters. That would be the extent of the session information we can provide for the API.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
acurtwright
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey there!

This sounds like an excellent use case for the CRM Extensions API. The CRM Extensions API allows users to view and update data for an external database via a CRM card. Using the Actions feature, you can also trigger an iFrame modal with an external URL when a user clicks on an action hook (this could be a button in the CRM Extension card for example). You can review our documentation on that here.

0 Upvotes
hilton22

SOLVE

Hello @acurtwright ,

Thank you for the reply!

Indeed, this is what I'm looking for!

But what I need to know is, when the request is made for the external application, the user session information goes within the payload. Like a user ID,  e-mail, or some token... somethig that I can relate with de SSO, made by the user login in Hubspot account.

Cheers,

0 Upvotes
acurtwright
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

The numeric userId and userEmail  of the user requesting data are included in the outgoing request as query parameters. That would be the extent of the session information we can provide for the API.

0 Upvotes