APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Get user roles using Owner API

Hello.

I just started using the HubSpot API to write an integration and I’m trying to use the Owner API to list the users in HubSpot. While using the /owners/v2/owners/ endpoint works, it returns very limited information. Is there a way of knowing if this user is an admin?

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
SReddy2

Hi, Is this resolved ? can some one help if we can access the user status where it's Active user or User with pending invite

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@Tinadim At the moment that information is not available via the Owners API. Do you mind expanding upon what you are trying to accomplish? Maybe there is another way to get you to the same point.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

I’m just trying to fetch the list of users in Hubspot, and determine which ones have admin roles.

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@Tinadim The only to get that information at the moment is to log in to the UI.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

@pmanca I need this too.

How can we get this feature to be added to the API? Can it be upvoted or something?

All that is required is a permissions field to be added in the owners response for each owner, e.g:
[
{ portalId: 3254321,
ownerId: 64012301,
type: ‘PERSON’,
firstName: ‘John’,
lastName: ‘Doe’,
email: ‘johndoe@example.com’,
createdAt: 1492616230192,
updatedAt: 1492616230192,
remoteList:
[ { id: 72472612,
portalId: 3254321,
ownerId: 64012301,
remoteId: ‘8391061’,
remoteType: ‘HUBSPOT’,
active: true } ],
hasContactsAccess: false,
permissions: [‘Account administrator’, ‘Marketing administrator’, ‘Sales administrator’]
}
]

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@chico You can add/upvote ideas here.

http://ideas.hubspot.com/

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@chico Not all owners are HubSpot users so there wouldn’t necessarily be roles associated to each owner.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

I’ve added the idea, also added a note regarding owners who are not hubspot users.

@pmanca @Tinadim can you please upvote :slight_smile: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Getting-owner-permissions-using-Owner-API/idi-p/12667...

3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@chico As an internal HubSpot employee i’m not aloud to up-vote or post ideas that way the data can be truly the word of our customers. Thank you for posting it though!

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

@pmanca no problem, thanks for your help!

0 Upvotes