APIs & Integrations

bbither
Participant

Get most recent note from a company record (association API & engagements)

I can see how the V3 API, once it has engagements, would provide what I need, but in the meantime how do I accomplish this?

This API returns too many engagements and doesn't allow me to filter on just notes:

https://api.hubapi.com/crm-associations/v1/associations/222766680/HUBSPOT_DEFINED/7

I thought I could create a workflow that triggers on a new note, and sets the note body to a custom field in the company record, but the workflow doesn't seem to support getting the note body as token.

Suggestions?

Thanks

-Bill

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @bbither,

Currently, there isn't a way to fitler engagements based on the engagement type and the best way here is to page through the response and implement a filter logic on your system to grab only the 'Notes' engagement type. 

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend for you to upvote and comment on this similar idea posted on our HubSpot idea page: HubSpot Community - Request for Engagement Type Filter in API - HubSpot Community. Hopefully this will gather more interest and make an impact on our product development.

0 Upvotes
bbither
Participant

Thanks @WendyGoh, just voted on that idea. My first test returned hundreds of engagements. Your suggested approach would mean I would have to make an API call for each engagement to test if it's a note and the date/time. I'm afraid this would cause us to well exceed our API limits as each company would require hundreds of API calls.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @bbither,

If exceeding API limits is your team concern, you may want to check out our revised API usage guidelines: API Usage Guidelines | HubSpot API in which we increase the API limits for all customers.

0 Upvotes
zlukasiewicz
Participant

@WendyGoh I've seen this specific use case referenced 100+ times while looking for a solution. 

What do you need from the Hubspot community to get this on someone's to-do list?

0 Upvotes