APIs & Integrations

cdhq_cpander
Colaborador

Get external privacy cookie consent banner status > Hubspot cookie banner

Hello,

I use Hubspot on the hand for Landingpages, which run separately from corporate website and so the Hubspot cookie consent banner is used for the Landingpages. Beside of that I want to integrate CTA and forms on the corporate website. The corporate website already contains a consent banner for several cookies. I also use Google Tag Manager for the corporate website - So I have already hidden the Hubspot cookie banner for the corporate website, but of course need to let Hubspot know, if visitor has accepted cookies via the external cookie banner. Hubspot Support already provided me with feedback that there should be a way via some javascript to "inject" this information - if user has accepted cookies via external banner - into Hubspot. Has someone already worked on such a solution? Especially which script to use herefor?

- I am aware that the favoured solution is to use Hubspot cookie consent banner instead of the external cookie banner and then use https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/tracking_code_api/get_consent_status to handle cookie acceptance only via Hubspot policy. Anyway I was looking for something the other way round as I don't favour to touch the current cookie constent banner on the corporate website. 

Thank you for your input in advanced! 

Best, Constantin 

5 Respuestas 5
MartinaF
Colaborador

Hi Constantin,

we are in the same situation you we're a year ago, so I'm wondering if you found a solution to how you could stick to using the cookie consent banner on your corporate website?

We have a more specific cookie consent banner on our corporate website and unfortunately even modifying the HubSpot-banner will not fullfill our needs – therefore we will need to use the corporate one, but obviously need to get the cookie consent information into HubSpot as well.

So, any solution?

Best regards,

Martina

cdhq_cpander
Colaborador

Hi Martina,

thanks for your comment - unfortunately we also don't have solution about that issue yet. 😕 We are thinking of updating our cookie consent corporate website banner in general soon as well. I will let you know if there's any solution coming up on my side...

Best regards,

Constantin

MartinaF
Colaborador

Hi Constantin,

thanks for your reply. Tricky situtation – we're currently looking into an option so I'll let you know if it works. Hope we'll both find a solution that works.

-M

0 Me gusta
cdhq_cpander
Colaborador

Hi there,

anybody an idea about that?

Thank you & regards,

Constantin

0 Me gusta
cbarley10
Colaborador

Hey @cdhq_cpander , This video by @jackcoldrick is an amazing resource to check out with what you want to do: https://embed.vidyard.com/watch/KdFMiRv8ZrkZPSvHt2q6t4. With HubSpot's tracking code, cookies are automatically added to the page, and you'll need to revoke the cookies if they don't click on accept, or keep them there if they do. That being said, using the HubSpot banner and altering its appearance by overriding the HubSpot CSS is a far easier solution in my opinion!

0 Me gusta