APIs & Integrations

Abram_Popov
Membro

Get contact properties that have been 'Added' to about section

Hello,

I would like to GET a specific kind of contact property.

If you got to HubSpot CRM > Contacts > Click into a contact for detailed view > Left hand side is 'About' section > this section contains contact properties which have been 'Added' to the about section BUT this does not necessarily mean they are default properties.

If I wanted to pull just the properties that have been 'Added' to the about section, how might I do this?

Currently the HubSpot gmail extension has a way of doing exactly this, but it is unclear to me how it is accomplished.

Gratefully,
Abram

0 Avaliação positiva
3 Respostas 3
Derek_Gervais
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

Hi @Abram_Popov,

I'd just reference the tool itself, I'm not sure if the internal API used for that functionality has a name or not.

0 Avaliação positiva
Derek_Gervais
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

Hi @Abram_Popov,

The contact properties that appear in the 'About' section are tricky, because they're set in two different ways:

• Admins can set the portal default properties that will appear in the 'About' section for all users
  • Individual users can select their own properties that will appear in the 'About' section for only them

There aren't currently any public APIs for managing the 'About' properties, and it's not currently possible to identify which properties are by default included in the 'About' section. If you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Avaliação positiva
Abram_Popov
Membro

Thank you, Derek.

I greatly appreciate the insight. I will also take you up on your advice to post inside the HubSpot community.

When doing so, I would like to reference the API HubSpot is using for the gmail chrome extension. Is this a particular name I should use for this?

0 Avaliação positiva