APIs & Integrations

keerti

Get all company properties by groupName including properties value

SOLVE

http://api.hubapi.com/properties/v1/companies/groups/named/ignatiuz?hapikey=demo&includeProperties=t...

I am using above URL to get properties of group. I also want

current_value of the properties. For example I have status of type radio, I want it's saved values through API. 
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @keerti.

That is not possible with the Company Properties API.

As I said in my original post:

"Properties" APIs like the Company Properties API only surface property options and metadata.

The values are stored on object records, so you must use the object endpoints themselves, like the Companies API.

Said differently:

• If you need to know the property definitions or the property group definitions, use the Company Properties API.
  • If you want to know which values company records have for those properties, use the Companies API.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @keerti.

"Properties" APIs like the Company Properties API only surface property options and metadata.

The values are stored on object records, so you must use the object endpoints themselves, like the Companies API.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
keerti

SOLVE

I have group inside company properties. So I am unable to get values of custom properties given inside the group. Please check screenshot2020-03-01.png

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @keerti.

If you want to see the available properties within company property groups, include the includeProperties=trueparameter in the request URL. This is mentioned in the Optional Parameters section of this article.

For example: https://api.hubapi.com/properties/v1/companies/groups/?includeProperties=true

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
keerti

SOLVE

I tried using this URL example, its giving only properties definition. I need those properties current values. For example - If I have status property of field type radio inside company information group. I want the saved value of that status to check company is active or not.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @keerti.

That is not possible with the Company Properties API.

As I said in my original post:

"Properties" APIs like the Company Properties API only surface property options and metadata.

The values are stored on object records, so you must use the object endpoints themselves, like the Companies API.

Said differently:

• If you need to know the property definitions or the property group definitions, use the Company Properties API.
  • If you want to know which values company records have for those properties, use the Companies API.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
minicare

SOLVE

Is this possible with contact properties?

0 Upvotes
keerti

SOLVE

By using given below URL, I am getting value of only default company porperties i.e website, domain etc. Custom properties values like status are still not getting display-

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

https://api.hubapi.com/companies/v2/companies/paged?hapikey=demo&properties=status&properties=websit... 

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @keerti.

Ensure that you have used the custom property's internal name.

Also, as the endpoint's documentation states:

"Note: Companies that do not have a value set for a property will not include that property, even when you specify the property. A company without a value for the website property would not show the website property in the results, even with &properties=website in the URL."

You may see some company records returning with only the website property if they do not have a value for the custom property (e.g. status).

If you are still having trouble with this, please share a link to an example custom property in your account which is not showing up via the Get all companies endpoint's results.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes