APIs & Integrations

ted12

Get access_token and refresh_token Via Postman

SOLVE

I need to get an authorization code which will be used by a middleware tool (not user interaction, no web browser login, just code).

About 3 months ago I used Postman to get an access_token and refresh_token which I can then use in the middleware code.

HubSpot OAuth (Authorization Code) no longer seems to work with Postman.  See the image attached.  Any support would be appreciated.  

hubspot_problem.jpg

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ted12
Solution

SOLVE

Problem resolved I needed to include this in the scope "transactional-email oauth".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
nimishgoray

SOLVE

Is there any way to make the flow totally automated? We need to implement a server-server API call and cannot have any manual intervention.

0 Upvotes
MDück

SOLVE

Have you found any solution to that?
We're facing the same problem.

0 Upvotes
ted12

SOLVE

One more note, when Postman pops open its browser window and presents the hubspot login screen I needed to select the "main" hubstpot account, that is the one used to review billing, reports and so on NOT the developer account which holds the newly created app and client id /secrets used in Postman.  A little counter-intuitive since the app account is what I'm obtaining the acces_token and refresh_token for but once I guessed correctly all worked.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @ted12.

I'm glad you resolved the matter!

To clarify, you are actually receiving access and refresh tokens to the production account, not the developer account where your app lives. This mimics a user in a client account granting your app access to their tools and data. Developer accounts do not contain tools like the the website builder and email tool.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
ted12
Solution

SOLVE

Problem resolved I needed to include this in the scope "transactional-email oauth".