APIs & Integrations

sanjayverma
Participant

Get Owner by email address through API

SOLVE

Hi,

I am working on integration of HubSpot with third party application. I required to find owner by email address. HubSpot API doesn't provide this option. It has only option of getting it by Owner ID only.

Please help me in this regard.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sanjay Verma 

1 Accepted solution
HubSpot_Corey
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

For all that find this page looking for an answer, this is now possible and you don't have to filter through all your HubSpot users on your local end to do this, it can be done via the API request by using the query parameters. The structure of this will depends on what code you are using but examples can be found in the "Endpoints" section of the following developer page: HubSpot API Docs - Owners. An example of the url of this request would be https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/owners/?email={Owners Email Address Here}

HubSpot Footer.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
HubSpot_Corey
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

For all that find this page looking for an answer, this is now possible and you don't have to filter through all your HubSpot users on your local end to do this, it can be done via the API request by using the query parameters. The structure of this will depends on what code you are using but examples can be found in the "Endpoints" section of the following developer page: HubSpot API Docs - Owners. An example of the url of this request would be https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/owners/?email={Owners Email Address Here}

HubSpot Footer.png

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @HubSpot_Corey 👋 Thank you for taking the time to update this post 🙌 — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @sanjayverma 

Yes you are right. Currently there is no such endpoint. One way of doing it can be pulling all owners together at a time and then running a search over whole array of owners and pick one by email match.

Thanks

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
sanjayverma
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Himanshu,

Thank you for your response. 

I agree with you as it is only solution as this point. However, this is not proper solution as it will involve extra over head to business processing to loop through all owners. HubSpot team needs to take this as enhancement for API integration for future reference. 

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Sanjay Verma