APIs & Integrations

Deadeye
Participant

Get Contact from Custom Field

SOLVE

Is it possible to get a contact from a new field I created and imported into using the standard import tool or am I limited to finding a contact by email?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @Deadeye.

Apologies for the delayed response! Thanks so much for posting this separately.

Are you wishing to search for and retrieve contact records by properties other than email?

If so, this isn't directly possible through a GET endpoint like this or this, but if you have access to lists, there is an alternative solution:

You can create an active list in the UI containing contacts with the values you desire and then retrieve the contacts in that list with this endpoint.

This still doesn't allow you to truly "search" for a specific contact with a value, though, so I recommend upvoting and commenting on this feature request with your use case. I've previously upvoted the idea, and the more votes it gets, the more likely our product teams will consider building it in the future.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @Deadeye.

Apologies for the delayed response! Thanks so much for posting this separately.

Are you wishing to search for and retrieve contact records by properties other than email?

If so, this isn't directly possible through a GET endpoint like this or this, but if you have access to lists, there is an alternative solution:

You can create an active list in the UI containing contacts with the values you desire and then retrieve the contacts in that list with this endpoint.

This still doesn't allow you to truly "search" for a specific contact with a value, though, so I recommend upvoting and commenting on this feature request with your use case. I've previously upvoted the idea, and the more votes it gets, the more likely our product teams will consider building it in the future.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
Deadeye
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Isaac

I've Upvoted.