APIs & Integrations

SRitchot
Participant

GeoIP current visitor

SOLVE

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way for me to get the country ISO code, instead of the request.remote_ip (Hubspot variables). Since, Hubspot smart rules do this (setting smart rules by country), I thought they might be a way for me to get that value, or should I use an api for this in my modules?

Simon

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

GeoIP current visitor

SOLVE

Hi @SRitchot 

Not sure if this is of any assistance, but there is also request.geoip_country

Maybe related to what you are doing, @prasadcolumbus asked this question and @mansigovani  also mentioned that variable

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
SRitchot
Participant

GeoIP current visitor

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson ,

This is indeed what I was looking for, thank you so much. I was wondering if you knew were it was referenced in the HubSpot documentation. If I google the request.geoip_country, I do get the community response you mentionned but I can't seem to find a reference to this varaible in the Documentation.

Simon

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

GeoIP current visitor

SOLVE

@SRitchot 

Good question.  I was looking for it also and couldn't find it.  Asked around and it appears it has never been officially documented.  I believe I found it a few years ago on the developer slack group...

While looking through that slack group just now, I did see that someone said that it might not be the most reliable, though. 

dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

GeoIP current visitor

SOLVE

Hi @SRitchot 

Not sure if this is of any assistance, but there is also request.geoip_country

Maybe related to what you are doing, @prasadcolumbus asked this question and @mansigovani  also mentioned that variable