APIs & Integrations

aeto
Participant | Diamond Partner

Generating PDF from contact & its properties

SOLVE

Hello,

I like to print PDF file from contact/company information.

It is possible to do it directly in Hubspot through API? I mean create button in contact: PRINT

And also I need it to do as bulk, select contacts and then PRINT

Or use automate.io?

Thank you

2 Accepted solutions
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @aeto,

When looking to export contacts/companies within HubSpot, currently we support only - CSV, XLS, XLSX (Export contacts, companies, deals or tickets).

That said, if your team is comfortable working with HubSpot APIs, one workaround could be:

1. Retrieve all HubSpot contacts using the Get all contacts | Contacts API

2. On your server, you can build a function to convert the JSON response to PDF and here's some resources:

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @aeto,

While it is currently not possible to check selected contacts > Press a button to trigger HubSpot endpoints in-app. You can create a contact list in-app to pull the contacts that you'd like and use the Get contacts in a list endpoint to retrieve contacts on a particular list. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
14 Replies 14
rjchauhan_

SOLVE

Hi there,

I noticed that you’re interested in Generating personalized PDFs for HubSpot contacts, and I wanted to suggest trying out “PDF CreateMate”. Our tool is designed to help generate personalized PDFs for HubSpot contacts using custom templates.

If you’re interested in giving our tool a try, we offer a free trial and demo, so you can test it out and see how it works for you. Let me know if you have any questions or would like more information!

Cheers, Raviraj

0 Upvotes
Denis
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @aeto  - I've created a tool that generates a personalized PDF from contact record.

Here is a quick demo:

https://www.depositfix.com/pdf-generator

Let me know if you'd like to try this.

0 Upvotes
HTVA
Participant

SOLVE

Hey, Tried this tool and it looks it only works with the default contact object. Any luck to make it work with any custom object inside the CRM?

rjchauhan_

SOLVE

Hi there,

I noticed that you’re interested in Generating personalized PDFs for HubSpot contacts, and I wanted to suggest trying out “PDF CreateMate”. Our tool is designed to help generate personalized PDFs for HubSpot contacts using custom templates.

If you’re interested in giving our tool a try, we offer a free trial and demo, so you can test it out and see how it works for you. Let me know if you have any questions or would like more information!

Cheers, Raviraj

0 Upvotes
Denis
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Other objects are not supported yet. Are you looking for e.g. deal, company or completely custom objects?

0 Upvotes
HTVA
Participant

SOLVE

Complete custom objects is what I'm going after.  but any of those wouldn't hurt. There's a way to work this around with zapier but I always try to reduce the amount of tools involved in solving a task. Having it diretly inside hubspot would be much less prone to failure I think.

Denis
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

We've added the custom objects to the roadmap, however cannot privide any timelines right now.

0 Upvotes
Espe
Contributor

SOLVE

I have the same need, and so I have some doc templates that I would to make available for my users and then when a user is in a company or contact, he can generate the doc based on company/contact properties.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @aeto,

Just to clarify, do you mean you'd like to export the contact and conpany record timeline? If so, while there isn't a way to implement a simple `PRINT` button, you can use the Get all contacts API or Get all companies API to retrieve all the contacts/companies and use the Engagements API to associate the relevant engagements to the contact/company record. 

0 Upvotes
aeto

SOLVE

Hello,

thank you for respond.

To clarify, what I exactly need I describe client needs.

Imagine situation: I like to select some customers or companies in Hubspot and then prepare PDF files. So exporting them and uploading them somewhere is not comfortable.

So, it is some way to do it?

If not, may be there is way through properties. The select property Printing to: Print agreement #1 and then through pipeline or automation to send it to my script somewhere where I can prepare PDF and send it by email ...

I will appreciate any most comfortable way how to do it.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @aeto,

When looking to export contacts/companies within HubSpot, currently we support only - CSV, XLS, XLSX (Export contacts, companies, deals or tickets).

That said, if your team is comfortable working with HubSpot APIs, one workaround could be:

1. Retrieve all HubSpot contacts using the Get all contacts | Contacts API

2. On your server, you can build a function to convert the JSON response to PDF and here's some resources:

0 Upvotes
aeto

SOLVE

Yes, this looks promising. Create PDF from JSON is no problem for me.

So last thing 🙂

How to achive this:

1. I will check selected contacts
  2. Then press buton which fires mentioned HS API
0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @aeto,

While it is currently not possible to check selected contacts > Press a button to trigger HubSpot endpoints in-app. You can create a contact list in-app to pull the contacts that you'd like and use the Get contacts in a list endpoint to retrieve contacts on a particular list. 

0 Upvotes
aeto

SOLVE

OK, I will try to figure it out that way. Thank you.

0 Upvotes