APIs & Integrations

AKempynck

General object endpoint doesn't return paging branch when setting higher limit

I'm trying to extract 31k contact records through endpoint: /crm/v3/objects/contacts 
Documentation allows up to 100 records per request (limit=100 parameter). I'm also including the property parameter in which I defined 133 properties. 

This is my problem:

When I pass this large list of properties with my request I don't get a paging branch returned. I get this:  Limit 100 paging.PNG

And I need this: Limit 10 paging.PNG

BUT I also have to extract 9k companies from company endpoint and there I do get the paging branch returned but only for limit = 25 and not for a limit higher than that. Here I only have 78 fields however. 

So my question is, is there a limit to the amount of properties you can ask when making general object api calls? 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @AKempynck 👋 Welcome to the community! Can you please include an example request and response (minus your private app token)? This can help the community better understand possible root causes. 

Thank you! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
AKempynck

This is the request I'm making to the endpoint. The properties parameter (highlighted yellow) has about 133 values in it. Below that picture is the response I wish to get. The response has a paging branch which allows for me to request the next 100 records over and over until I'm finished and have all 31k of them. I don't get this paging branch when I set the limit at 100. I only get it if I set the limit at 10 or below. What's the problem here? Are my requests too large?Request example.PNGResponse example.png

0 Upvotes