APIs & Integrations

brightgauge1
メンバー

GET all contacts endpoint returning 414

解決

Hello,

When making a GET request to the /contacts/v1/lists/all/contacts/all endpoint, and passing in property as a query param, we are receiving a 414 URI Too Long, due to the fact that one of our mutual customers has a lot of properties in their Hubspot account.

My question is: is there a way for this particular customer to remove properties from this call, on their end, in their Hubspot instance? What is the best way to handle this issue?

Thank you!

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
WendyGoh
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hey @brightgauge1,

Do you mind sharing with me what's the differences that your team is seeing? 

In this case, while it isn't possible to block out certain properties when retrieving it via the properties/v1/contacts/properties endpoint, I would recommend them to look through their contact properties and see if there's any properties that they can leave it out i.e. email optout properties? As those properties tend to have longer name. 

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
4件の返信
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hey @brightgauge1,

I'd recommend for you to use the HubSpot V3 CRM Search API in which you can control the returned properties on the POST body instead of passing it through as query parameters.

i.e. POST crm/v3/objects/contacts/search?hapikey=YOUR_HUBSPOT_API_KEY \

POST body

{
    "properties": [ "email", "state" ]
   }
brightgauge1
メンバー

解決

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the idea! I tested it out, but the results ended up being too differen than what we currently have.  

What we're doing now,  is making a GET request to the 'properties/v1/contacts/properties' endpoint and using the result of that as a parameter to pass into the 'contacts/v1/lists/all/contacts/all' call. (I hope this makes sense?)

When doing so for just one of our mutual customers, we're receiving the 414 because it looks like they have a *lot* of properties, causing the URI to be way too long. Any advice for this one customer? (Can they "block out" some of their properties, somehow?)

Thanks!

Maddie

0 いいね!
WendyGoh
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hey @brightgauge1,

Do you mind sharing with me what's the differences that your team is seeing? 

In this case, while it isn't possible to block out certain properties when retrieving it via the properties/v1/contacts/properties endpoint, I would recommend them to look through their contact properties and see if there's any properties that they can leave it out i.e. email optout properties? As those properties tend to have longer name. 

0 いいね!
brightgauge1
メンバー

解決

Hey Wendy,

Thank you for your help! It looks like we can pass on this info, if need be:

I would recommend them to look through their contact properties and see
if there's any properties that they can leave it out i.e. email optout properties? As those properties tend to have longer name. 

0 いいね!