APIs & Integrations

Renegade
Top Contributor

Forum Posting Problem

This is about the third time I've run into this problem in the past two months and I cannot resist posting about it.

I've been attempting to post a reply on a topic here, and this forum keeps deleting it.  It shows as successfully posted on the update page, but when I open the topic from the main page, it is gone.

Sometimes I get a message that I should "correct the highlighted errors" (of which there are none).

Sometimes I do not get such a message and it "works".  Only to be missing again when the topic is reloaded.

???

7 Replies 7
vsaienko

Forum Posting Problem

@WendyGoh I have a similar problem except I can't create a new post. I create one, I see that I have 1 post on my profile page and a moment later I have 0 again and my post is only visible to me via the direct link. I tried to create a post three times. Here's my last attempt https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Support-the-access-token-via-a-header-in-quot-GET...

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Forum Posting Problem

Hi @Renegade,

Sorry to hear that you're running into problem replying to forum thread. Let's hopefully get this sorted! In this case, do you mind sharing with me the forum topic in question so that I can try it out on my end? 

Also, does this issue/error occur when you're using a specific browser? And have you tried using an incognito browser (to prevent any caching or cookie issues) If not, I'd suggest doing that first. Doing this does not save your browsing history making it a good place to isolate web data issues.

0 Upvotes
Renegade
Top Contributor

Forum Posting Problem

Hi Wendy!

I have the problem on both Chrome and IE (haven't tried any others), as well as in Chrome's incognito mode.

I am also able to replicate it in this thread.  I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the text content I'm trying to post.  There is something that your forum doesn't like.  But the big problem is that it doesn't indicate just what it is (not to mention that it "acts" as if the data is posted when it isn't).  I'm sure I could isolate it with a little time, but it seems odd to me that I've run into this multiple times and yet it seems to be a surprise to you guys!  🙂

If you'd like I could e-mail you some problem data...?

Thanks again!

Renegade
Top Contributor

Forum Posting Problem

Hey Wendy,

Oddly, the content I was attempting to post (with no luck) finally appeared in the topic three days later.  Here is a link to the topic.  (The post that was giving trouble is my response in that thread containing a URL and payload data.)  Also note that I tried to post the same data here, and it still hasn't appeared...

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Forum Posting Problem

Hi @Renegade,

Odd. I tried copying the original reply that you sent in the post on this thread and I was able to post it successfully and it didn't get deleted.

Can you try posting the same reply here in an incognito browser and see if the forum deletes it away? 

0 Upvotes
Renegade
Top Contributor

Forum Posting Problem

If you look two posts up you will see that I already told you I did that.

When you say you tried copying the "original reply" that I sent in the other thread, exactly which post are you talking about?

You may have noticed that the post in question finally did appear here (above) as well as in the other thread.  And if that is the one that you tried to post here and it worked, perhaps it's possible that someone or something changed since the other day and it now works properly.  At which point the question would become "what was going on?", and whatever it was, it might be of significance because, if you recall, I mentioned that it has happened multiple times over the past month or two.  Also, I would be willing to bet that I'm not the only person it's happened to, so why is it that it seems no one has heard of it?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Renegade
Top Contributor

Forum Posting Problem

OK.  Well, here is everything below (not sure if #4 is what you want).  Also, I've included a screenshot of the timeline event containing both the time of event creation and the time of the later update which isn't displaying correctly (in the provided example, the updated time should also be 1:09PM).

IMPORTANT NOTE CONCERNING A DIFFERENT PROBLEM:  If I attempt to edit this post, it is simply deleted and I have to re-post it.

1) 192935

2) 390583

3)  URL = https://api.hubapi.com/integrations/v1/192935/timeline/event
PAYLOAD =

"id": "b0cb0127-c280-4681-84c1-9884d658c433",
"eventTypeId": "390583",
"deliveryStatus": "Pending...",
"timeStatus": 1563480431000,
"objectId": "101",
"phoneNumber_To": "(602) 751-8818",
"phoneNumber_From": "(602)751-8807",
"messageTitle": "Icky Icky Cocoa Pop"