APIs & Integrations

shenry
Participant

Forms API Delay

SOLVE

When submitting to the forms API we seem to be encountering a delay. In our application we are posting a form to your endpoint, then subsequently trying to retrieve the contact identifier for the contact that is created in your system via their email address. When this is done via the application (immediately after receiving response from the form post) we occasionally are receiving "contact does not exist" errors, however when I then hit the contacts endpoint manually with the same email address we are finding the record. 

Is there a known delay between posting a form via the forms API and the contact created from the form being accessible via the contacts API? 

1 Accepted solution
cbarley
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Forms API Delay

SOLVE

Hi @shenry , since the Forms APIs are asynchronous there are always going to be instances where there is slight latency between when the form is submitted and when the actual contact in HubSpot actually exists. This post goes over it a bit more in detail: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Forms-API-latency/m-p/254895.

There's not much we can do here except wait for the contact to be created. I'd suggest perhaps coding some retry logic into your integration if you first do not get the contact back, or utilize some sort of timeout method.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
cbarley
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Forms API Delay

SOLVE

Hi @shenry , since the Forms APIs are asynchronous there are always going to be instances where there is slight latency between when the form is submitted and when the actual contact in HubSpot actually exists. This post goes over it a bit more in detail: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Forms-API-latency/m-p/254895.

There's not much we can do here except wait for the contact to be created. I'd suggest perhaps coding some retry logic into your integration if you first do not get the contact back, or utilize some sort of timeout method.

shenry
Participant

Forms API Delay

SOLVE

@cbarley thanks for your response. That is pretty much what we had guessed was occurring. We will be able to work around the latency here. 

Thanks again for your help!
Seth

0 Upvotes