APIs & Integrations

mitchuman
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Form submission didn't include IP Address — How to add cookie to link submissions to contacts

I have a custom-built component that essentially uses the API endpoint to send form submission.

Form submissions come through but we get the following warnings about missing IP address and a cookie.

Can you provide directions on which cookie settings to add?

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.58.40 AM.png

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Form submission didn't include IP Address — How to add cookie to link submissions to contacts

@mitchuman 

You will need to make sure you have added the tracking code and then are collecting the hubspotutk cookie value. Then, when sending your form data, you would add this object to the JSON:

"context": {
    "hutk": ":hutk", // include this parameter and set it to the hubspotutk cookie value to enable cookie tracking on your submission
    "pageUri": "www.example.com/page",
    "pageName": "Example page"
  }

mitchuman
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Hi Thanks for the update,

I've added the `context` values but still seeing the same warning message.

Am I still missing something?

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 12.52.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-13 at 12.55.00 PM.png

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Bryantworks , mind lending a hand here 🙂

0 Upvotes
mitchuman
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

We are still experiencing the issue here. Can we get some help?

Additionally, we recently got a new submission with the "didn't include an IP address" message, as well as a message saying "Submission from excluded IP address".

Is the API call + cookie retaining the IP address or not? Can't tell.

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 10.58.00 AM.png

0 Upvotes
FPalmisano
Participant

Hi! Same issue here.

Did you find any solution?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes