APIs & Integrations

tajinder_singh

Form-submission data retrieval using API

SOLVE

Hi Hubspot!

We required to retrieve data against form-submission using hubspot API. Like we have option to get form-submission data in CSV which is being sent by hubspot. We can have following possible options:-

1. Please suggest correct API to retrieve form-submission data.
  2. For now hubspot is sending form-submission data in email thats too on user action. Does hubspot can send CSV on specified path on our server so that we can read CSV file programmatically.

If for any type service we are required to pay separately to hubspot then we can discuss that option as well.

Thanks
TJ

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi all,

I'm sorry that this topic hasn't gotten a response in a while.

While @dadams and I can and have passed this feedback along internally, the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum is the place to share feature requests. The product teams regularly monitor posts and generally prioritize ideas which have the most engagement from and greatest potential impact on users.

While there has been quite a bit of engagement on this thread, I don't think the feedback has been as visible to the decision makers on the forms team as it could have been. That's on us for not moving the discussion over to the Ideas Forum sooner.

I couldn't find a similar feature request on the forum, so I created this one. If you wish to retrieve raw form submission data via the Forms API in the future, please upvote and comment on the post.

I recommend including as much detail as possible per these best practices . The more the product team understands a feature's use cases, the more accurate they will be if they scope the feature.

Thank you for your understanding. I will close this topic to maximize feedback on this idea.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi all,

I'm sorry that this topic hasn't gotten a response in a while.

While @dadams and I can and have passed this feedback along internally, the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum is the place to share feature requests. The product teams regularly monitor posts and generally prioritize ideas which have the most engagement from and greatest potential impact on users.

While there has been quite a bit of engagement on this thread, I don't think the feedback has been as visible to the decision makers on the forms team as it could have been. That's on us for not moving the discussion over to the Ideas Forum sooner.

I couldn't find a similar feature request on the forum, so I created this one. If you wish to retrieve raw form submission data via the Forms API in the future, please upvote and comment on the post.

I recommend including as much detail as possible per these best practices . The more the product team understands a feature's use cases, the more accurate they will be if they scope the feature.

Thank you for your understanding. I will close this topic to maximize feedback on this idea.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
mcmolly
Participant

SOLVE

Also bumping this thread to request an API for retrieving form submissions.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

SOLVE

+1

My client wants to use a HubSpot form for creating a new test account for our app from a website, so I just need to get the submissions for one single form.

I got the contacts lists, the contacts in that list, and the form and submissions IDs from the contacts. But it seems like getting the submissions themselves is a large extra step on top of this.

I guess I'll just go with the email parser instead.

0 Upvotes
JamiesonC
Participant

SOLVE

How do you suppose Zapier is doing it? They have a "New Form Submission" trigger available in the HubSpot integration.

0 Upvotes
Greg_Adams
Participant

SOLVE

We also run a giant HD video display (16' wide) and it would be amazing to be able to display metrics or a dashboard showing the number of submissions and other analytics around a form. HubSpot obviously has their own internal API calls as the info can be displayed from their marketing interface.

0 Upvotes
Greg_Adams
Participant

SOLVE

I feel the ability to access form data via API is imperative.
Why should we have to create a web hook to duplicate the data in the HubSpot databases into our own database? It is our data, not HubSpots. At a previous company I worked at which deployed Salesforce's marketing automation tools, it gave us the ability to get any information out of the system via API.

If I wanted to create an API (web hook) to save the form data, what purpose does posting the form data to HubSpot serve? I may as well post it to my own API. Any marketing intelligence I can pull out of HubSpot I can still get by including their analytics embed, but then the form data is mine to do with as I please and I don't have two different locations of the data being stored.

0 Upvotes
gianluca_credim

SOLVE

Hi right now I've exactly the same problem and I'm trying to solve it by reconstructing the form submissions by considering the form-submissions and the properties histories returned by this API https://developers.hubspot.cosm/docs/methods/contacts/get_recently_updated_contacts.

However I have still some doubts on how to identify each single form submission uniquely.

I mean, the conversion-id inside each form-submission object returned by the over mentioned API can be used as an actual unique key across our "HubSpot subscription" or should be considered unique only together with the specific user (i.e. contact-vid) and/or form (i.e. form-id)?

0 Upvotes
Shakil
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Hubspot,

Is there any update for this thread! Although, I am really disappointed for the delay you make for every topics. I am humbly requesting you to please response in a minimal time so that developers who using Hubspot don't need to stuck on a certain point. I believe you will consider my request.

0 Upvotes
hubrightnow
Participant

SOLVE

Are there any news from Hubspot regarding this topic?

0 Upvotes
hubrightnow
Participant

SOLVE

Yeah, it's true. This is embarassing. Paying thousands of dollars and then it's not possible to retrieve the collected form submissions via API, one of the most important information for a data warehouse.

I wonder why nobody of Hubspot is following this thread. A reliable deadline should be communicated for this urgent issue. Honestly, because of this, I don't recommend Hubspot to my entrepreneurial friends in other companies.

HUBSPOT, PLEASE FIX THIS!

0 Upvotes
fabianj
Contributor

SOLVE

Indeed... it's like having dinner at 3 star Michelin restaurant with crappy desert.

0 Upvotes
dataops
Participant

SOLVE

Adding another request to the long chain here. It is extremely important to retrieve form submission data programatically via the API. Conversion events are among the most important activities and those activities often require additional actions. Additionally, reporting on form conversion data is also of paramount concern. Because many individuals do not and should not have access to Hubspot directly, we need to be able to report on this information through external reporting tools. The lack of an API endpoint with form submission data is a major barrier to the automation and dissemination of this information. All other major marketing automation platforms support this functionality and have done so for years. Please prioritize this request to support the needs of customers. Thank you for your help

0 Upvotes
nflaherty
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there, just chiming in that we too would love to be able to access historical form submission data via a REST API. Here is our use-case:

We direct many people to landing pages with forms via pay-per-click ad campaigns (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.). We use UTM parameters religiously to keep track of where people are coming from when they land on, and convert on a HubSpot form on our website.

These UTM parameters get nicely stored in the form submission data.

The act of submitting a form is an "event" that we would like to track and relate to other steps in our buyer's journey. Think "How many opps created this month were influenced by form submissions by traffic coming from a LinkedIn Ad?"

There may be hacky-wrokarounds like stamping most recent conversion metrics, etc. or getting form submission data via other methods described above, but we have exhausted many of these workarounds and are hungry for the ability to do deeper analysis.

The data is there. The data is accessible via email and csv. It seems like a short jump to make it accessible via REST API and a big gain for companies like us who are looking to do in-depth analyses.

efishman

SOLVE

Just adding another request for form submission data via the API.

We pass all of our data from HubSpot to our data warehouse using FiveTran -- form submission data is a pretty big hole in analysis of marketing activities because this info isn't exposed via the API.

0 Upvotes
Tspesh1

SOLVE

Yeah i have to be honest...this is insane. I can pull in every single event that happens with an email but we can't get any info on form conversions? What is the logic here?

Not applicable

SOLVE

As this thread is ~ a year old I wanted to jump in and see if there’s been any further developments. I am trying to take the data from hubspot form submissions and utilize it to create tasks in another custom system.

Has anyone successfully utilized @dadams suggestion and scrapped emails for data? It seems like a painful work around to simply retrieve the form submissions here: https://app.hubspot.com/forms-two/#{hubspot_id}/#{some_token_here}/submissions

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

SOLVE

I am amazed also that hubspot doesn’t have an API for form submissions and don’t have it in the plan. We have done a work around using the email method, form gets emailed to us, we have our workflow product FlowWright http://www.FlowWright.com then uses that form to automate the our whole software trial download process.

0 Upvotes
robgonzalez

SOLVE

@Dileepa_Wijayanayake @iamliamc Have you guys seen a solution to this?

I’ve noticed in the recent Hubspot updates that you can get at all the historical Form Submission data via the Huspot App. For example:

https://app.hubspot.com/forms-two/HUBID/FORM-GUID/submissions/CONVERSION-ID

However, I can’t see a way to get this same data programmatically.

Have you implemented the email solution suggested to at least get the data on a go-forward basis?

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @tajinder.singh

We don’t currently have an API to get form submissions, and we don’t have a way to automate the CSV export (it needs to be requested manually). We do have the ability to send notification emails for each form submission, so it would be possible to scrape those emails for the data in the form:

How can I send an email response after a form submission?

Learn how to create and set a follow-up email to automatically send to contacts who fill out a form on your page.

In addition, depending on the data you’re looking for, you could also trigger a webhook for the form submission, which would send you the data for the contact record that filled out the form. The knowledge article linked above also covers sending an email through a workflow, so instead of triggering an email you would trigger a webhook. More details about webhooks can be found here:

How do I use webhooks with HubSpot workflows?

Learn how you can use the trigger a webhook action in HubSpot workflows.

Can you tell me more about what you’re looking to do with the form data?

0 Upvotes
fabio_casutt

SOLVE

Hi @dadams

To piggy bank on this question: Is an API to get form submissions in the making? We’d like to submit a unique form submission ID that will be stored in other systems (e.g. Google Analytics) as well in order to connect the datasets for more in depth analysis.

How could that be programmatically solved?

Thanks,
Fabio

0 Upvotes