APIs & Integrations

tajinder_singh

Form-submission data retrieval using API

SOLVE

Hi Hubspot!

We required to retrieve data against form-submission using hubspot API. Like we have option to get form-submission data in CSV which is being sent by hubspot. We can have following possible options:-

1. Please suggest correct API to retrieve form-submission data.
  2. For now hubspot is sending form-submission data in email thats too on user action. Does hubspot can send CSV on specified path on our server so that we can read CSV file programmatically.

If for any type service we are required to pay separately to hubspot then we can discuss that option as well.

Thanks
TJ

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi all,

I'm sorry that this topic hasn't gotten a response in a while.

While @dadams and I can and have passed this feedback along internally, the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum is the place to share feature requests. The product teams regularly monitor posts and generally prioritize ideas which have the most engagement from and greatest potential impact on users.

While there has been quite a bit of engagement on this thread, I don't think the feedback has been as visible to the decision makers on the forms team as it could have been. That's on us for not moving the discussion over to the Ideas Forum sooner.

I couldn't find a similar feature request on the forum, so I created this one. If you wish to retrieve raw form submission data via the Forms API in the future, please upvote and comment on the post.

I recommend including as much detail as possible per these best practices . The more the product team understands a feature's use cases, the more accurate they will be if they scope the feature.

Thank you for your understanding. I will close this topic to maximize feedback on this idea.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @fabio.casutt

This isn’t something that we have any plans for at the moment. Can you share any other details for the type of analysis you’d be looking to do? If you’re looking for the submission ID, that would be in the data you’d get from the Contacts API, in the form submissions data.

0 Upvotes
fabio_casutt

SOLVE

Hi @dadams,

Thanks for your reply. We have quite rich interaction and acquisition data within Google Analytics, and would like to connect these interactions to Hubspot Contacts. Our plan is to do this upon form submission and store a unique value in both systems and connect the exported data through that unique key.

I just saw that we can achieve this through requesting the needed properties with the propertyMode=value_and_history added (so I can access all historical values and connect them to a Hubspot User on one side and the appropriate Google Analytics Event on the other side).

Do you see easier solutions for this? Can I access the Submission ID client side in order to send it to Google Analytics?

0 Upvotes
tajinder_singh

SOLVE

Hi Folks!

Please follow up. If my query is not mentioned correctly then please mention. I will retry to explain in better way.

Thanks

0 Upvotes