APIs & Integrations

Lars-Erik
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Finding contact conversion from tracked pages?

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm working on putting together information from GA and HS in order to analyze content performance. Content is not necessarily on HS, but are tracked using the general tracking script.

I've looked around to find a report that shows URLs and contact conversion, but can't find anything in the GUI nor the API.

The closest I get is the API call for utm-contents, but I have no idea what the breakdown IDs point to.

I'm pretty much after the data you get when drilling into one specific source in the Traffic Analysis / Source report, but for all sources combined.

Is what I'm after at all possible?

Lars-Erik

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Lars-Erik
Solution

SOLVE

This has been resolved via e-mail.

There is no such report, but Isaac had a good idea:

With regard to your statement: "doing that I miss out on all the source information, at least if the conversion happened on a non-entry page for the session," you could use contacts' Original Source (hs_analytics_source) property values, which are identical to the sources in the traffic analytics report.

Thanks! 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @Lars-Erik.

From your description, it does sound like the Analytics API will be your best bet, especially if some content is not hosted on HubSpot (otherwise, the website analytics tool would be better).

Could you expand upon the difficulties you ran into with the utm-contents filter? Could you share an example request URL (without any authentication) and point out the breakdown IDs you are having trouble interpreting?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
Lars-Erik

SOLVE

Done my best to reply here, but get marked as spam or just deleted for no apparent reason. Giving up - email sent to partner contact.

0 Upvotes
Lars-Erik

SOLVE

Hi @IsaacTakushi,

I'm not sure I'm after utm-contents at all. What I'm really looking for is a report a'la this:

URL                                 Views   Contacts   Conversion   SQLs   Conversion   Customers
https://www.domain.com/level1/page1  1000        500          50%    250          50%         125
https://blog.domain.com/blog-page     500        250          20%     50          10%           5

I would need it across all sources and campaigns.

From looking through more or less all reports in the analytics section, the closest I get is the report below Traffic Analysis > Direct traffic.

But again, I need one for _all_ URLs tracked, disregarding source / campaign, although that information would be nice to have per row.

Seems to be this information must exist in the "inner" database, but isn't exposed in either reports nor API.

In my opinion, this would be a super powerful report for marketers with a broader digital presence than just HubSpot.

Is it possible at all? 

Thanks,

Lars-Erik

0 Upvotes
Lars-Erik
Solution

SOLVE

This has been resolved via e-mail.

There is no such report, but Isaac had a good idea:

With regard to your statement: "doing that I miss out on all the source information, at least if the conversion happened on a non-entry page for the session," you could use contacts' Original Source (hs_analytics_source) property values, which are identical to the sources in the traffic analytics report.

Thanks! 🙂