APIs & Integrations

kselby7

Filter contact creation based on contact data

I am trying to see if there is any way to create a type of blocker that prevents certain types of contacts from being created in our database? For example I want it to detect when a contact has data containing a job title with "student" in it and prevent them from being created in our database as a new contact. I also want other criteria on top of that to be prevented, but I was just generally wondering if this is something that is possible to implement? In addition to this, I want it to be able to block them from being created by integrations as well as when manually importing them. 

3 Replies 3
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Yep. You could build an app that uses webhooks to listen for contact creation and act on it when a specific criteria is matched.  Unless you anticipate a lot of bad contacts to be imported, I think that may be overkill.  I believe the easiest method is the list 😀

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @kselby7  👋

Interesting question.  Off the top of my head, nothing exists that would work for this.  I am thinking the best method would be creating an active list that looks for a specific property and then occasionally purge it. 

@Phil_Vallender have you explored this before?

Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @dennisedson @kselby7 

No better solution than the active list I don't think. Other than creating an API routine to automate the deletion process for you? 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency