APIs & Integrations

PKretek
Participant

Fetching translations through the API, e.g. Subscription Types

SOLVE

Is it possible to get the translations of objects through the API? For example, we have different subscription types in the settings, and they have a translation in German:

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 12.28.56.png

However, when using:
GET https://api.hubapi.com/communication-preferences/v3/definitions?hapikey=KEY
only english labels are returned and I have not found a way to get them in German.

{ "subscriptionDefinitions": [ { "id": "11113237", "name": "General Marketing News", "description": "Marketing offers and updates.", "purpose": "Marketing", "communicationMethod": "Email", "isActive": true, "isDefault": true, "isInternal": false, "createdAt": "2020-12-04T07:44:05.969Z", "updatedAt": "2021-06-15T22:01:09.635Z" }, ... ] } 

1 Accepted solution
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @PKretek ,

After doing some testing and conferring with our team who owns this API, I can confirm that it does not currently support the fetching of translations at the moment. Only the definition can be fetched at this time. 

Thanks

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @PKretek ,

After doing some testing and conferring with our team who owns this API, I can confirm that it does not currently support the fetching of translations at the moment. Only the definition can be fetched at this time. 

Thanks

VStruyf
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Willson,

Is it now possible to fetch them?

Kind Regards,

Veerle

0 Upvotes
PKretek
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for checking!

Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @MiaSrebrnjak , @PKretek ,

I'm not 100% sure on the availability of translations via this API but let me do some testing and i'll revert back once I know more. 

Thanks

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @PKretek,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

To confirm, you would like to fetch the translated German expressions for objects, settings, subscriptions from the CRM via the API? Do you mind sharing what steps you've taken so far to ensure we don't suggest what you've already done? 

Additionally, I wanted to tag the HubSpot API guru @Willson to see if he has any insights. Matt, do you have any thoughts for @PKretek

Thanks! 

Mia 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes