APIs & Integrations

RushiJoshi
Participant

Fetch User details by a User Id

SOLVE

Hi,

I am creating an app that will be triggered by a workflow in the CRM. The workflow will be triggered when a deal goes to Closed Won Stage.

My App will create the user in My System and configure it accordingly.

The problem I am having is with footprinting. I want to get the email Id of the user who has moved the deal to closed won. I am aware i can get the UserId by the updatedByUserId parameter, I am not sure how to exchange that for the user's email Id. Any help is appreciated

thanks!

Rushi

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @RushiJoshi 👋 One question to help clarify things – what exactly do you mean by “user's email Id”? Are you referring to the email address associated with the User/UserID? If so, one thought is to query the Settings API >
Users Provisioning endpoints to search for a User by ID which will return email address as a value.

GET /settings/v3/users/{userId}

CleanShot 2022-10-04 at 16.10.40.png

And if this is not what you are after, please let me know.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @RushiJoshi 👋 One question to help clarify things – what exactly do you mean by “user's email Id”? Are you referring to the email address associated with the User/UserID? If so, one thought is to query the Settings API >
Users Provisioning endpoints to search for a User by ID which will return email address as a value.

GET /settings/v3/users/{userId}

CleanShot 2022-10-04 at 16.10.40.png

And if this is not what you are after, please let me know.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

RushiJoshi
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @Jaycee_Lewis,

Thanks for the Answer this worked!!