APIs & Integrations

adremali

FTP access limited permissions

I’m looking to FTP into our hosting to add a trusted file into a “.well-known” folder. When I FTP into our domain via the instructions HubSpot provides, I find that I do not have the permissions to create or edit any folders. I am an administrator on the HubSpot account.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @adremali,

It just clicked for me after working with another forum user; are you trying to create a .well.known folder at the root directory in order to set up universal links? It’s not currently possible to create/add/host folders and files to the root, which prevents the possibility of setting up universal links. Here’s the post on the other topic that I mentioned; if you want to also pop over to the Ideas Forum, you could add your support to the idea:

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @adremali,

FileZilla should work. Can you direct message me with your Hub ID and your email address so I can take a look at the admin settings?

0 Upvotes
adremali

I can’t figure out how to DM but it’s 458194 and adremali@andplus.com

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @adremali,

What FTP client are you using? Certain FTP clients such as Transmit are unable to create new template directories. Additionally, when creating directories in Design Manager, you are limited to creating directories in the custom/type_of_file/ directory.

0 Upvotes
adremali

I’m using FileZilla on mac. Is there one that will grant access?

0 Upvotes