APIs & Integrations

vloq

External registration form and double-opt-in enabled

SOLVE

Hi, I have an application with a registration form (not HubSpot form), which I now need to integrate with Hubspot.

What I want to achieve is to have Hubspot Contact with confirmed DOI (double-opt-in) and activated in my app with one email to the user.

OPTION 1:
1. Once a user signs up, I send an activation email from my app with an activation token.
2. When user opens activation link, and he had checked marketing consents in registration, I create Hubspot Contact using API.

Problems:
- Contact does not receive additional DOI email from Hubspot when created using API.
- I cannot send emails from Hubspot now, as "These contacts haven't confirmed they want to receive emails from you"...
- I cannot change related Contact property through API as it's read-only. However, I can change it from GUI but it's not handy.

OPTION 2:
1. Once user signs up, I send activation email from my app with activation token.
2. When user opens activation link, I use API to submit the Hubspot form and he receives additional email form HubSpot

Problem:
- There are two emails - one for account activation in my app, and second from hubspot to confirm email. It's not bad, but I really would like to make it with one email..

OPTION 3:
1. Instead of sending activation from my app, I submit the Hubspot form via API (optionally with additional property activationToken).
2. User receives DOI email from HubSpot (no activation email from my app)

Problems
- How to activate user in my app now?
- I'll still need to send emails from my app for users without marketing consents checked.

-----

I briefly checked webhooks, but I'm not interested in all user updates, but only this initial confirmation.
Is there a way to redirect to specific url on DOI email confirmation?
I think it's quite common case, but I didn't find any solution in previous topic.

I would appreciate any advice.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jpsanchez
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello, Another GOOD Q, man!.,

Ok this is a difficult one!. let try it 😉

Firstn OPTION1.- this option the Owner of the true is your appllication. and you just pass this information to Hubspot with the API create update a contact . In this case your contact properties for Consent will not be set if you have GDPR activate it. So you will need to create a Workflow in hubspot in order to activate consent-s and/or subscriptions type/s. IMPORTANT REALLY IMPORTANT you should record in a document this WF in order for the future if you have any audit for data protection. 

In this case as you will know there is more information in your app that if you wish you can send to Hubspot. My suggestion will be  a timeline event in order to record what happen in your app in hubspot. Example. 

- Send email for DblOptin. 

OPTION 2.- 

There are a type of emails in HubSpot called transactional emails that will not be relate with GDPR consent etc. In order to use it you need to buy this upgrade.  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-to-use-transactional-email-in-hubspot

I suggest to pass your app info to HubSpot in order to manage from HubSpot the emails 

OPTION 3.-

- Loop. Process.  Needs to create a new a new propertie Token. ( this could be a OpsSec risk)

From HubSpot create a Workflow for Webhook . Send it to your endpoint. ( this means you need to create and enpoint and a few api calls)

Request the Token for your API in  what ever you work your backend.

Update contact in Hubspot with HubSpot API update contact details ( payload with the token)

-----------------

Please note if someone install your app you already need to have a consent. Please note the type of consent in this case is Legitim interest. with this in your hand and in your APP log you can create the WF in order to activate it in HubSpot and no need to do all of this. 

Just let me know what do you think! 😉

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jpsanchez
Solution

SOLVE

Hello, Another GOOD Q, man!.,

Ok this is a difficult one!. let try it 😉

Firstn OPTION1.- this option the Owner of the true is your appllication. and you just pass this information to Hubspot with the API create update a contact . In this case your contact properties for Consent will not be set if you have GDPR activate it. So you will need to create a Workflow in hubspot in order to activate consent-s and/or subscriptions type/s. IMPORTANT REALLY IMPORTANT you should record in a document this WF in order for the future if you have any audit for data protection. 

In this case as you will know there is more information in your app that if you wish you can send to Hubspot. My suggestion will be  a timeline event in order to record what happen in your app in hubspot. Example. 

- Send email for DblOptin. 

OPTION 2.- 

There are a type of emails in HubSpot called transactional emails that will not be relate with GDPR consent etc. In order to use it you need to buy this upgrade.  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-to-use-transactional-email-in-hubspot

I suggest to pass your app info to HubSpot in order to manage from HubSpot the emails 

OPTION 3.-

- Loop. Process.  Needs to create a new a new propertie Token. ( this could be a OpsSec risk)

From HubSpot create a Workflow for Webhook . Send it to your endpoint. ( this means you need to create and enpoint and a few api calls)

Request the Token for your API in  what ever you work your backend.

Update contact in Hubspot with HubSpot API update contact details ( payload with the token)

-----------------

Please note if someone install your app you already need to have a consent. Please note the type of consent in this case is Legitim interest. with this in your hand and in your APP log you can create the WF in order to activate it in HubSpot and no need to do all of this. 

Just let me know what do you think! 😉

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @vloq 

Welcome to the Community!

@jpsanchez  and @Bryantworks are incredibly clever and can probably throw some thoughts at this 😸

0 Upvotes