APIs & Integrations

MPW

Extend trail for test account

Hi,

We've integrated HubSpot (API) in a webapplication we've build for a customer of ours. Our customer wanted to integrate HubSpot because they were already using HubSpot to send all their marketing e-mails.

I've created a trail HubSpot account, which we only use to send test e-mails in our development environment, because we do not want to clutter our customer's HubSpot account with our test data. 

But our trail has now ended and we're not able to send test e-mails in our development environment any longer. Is there a way to setup a test/developer account we can use in our development environment, which does not expire over time?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MSchaff

Hi HubSpot support! We're having the same problem for test ID 20082030. Can you help us renew this trial? It won't let us in the Developers dashboard, given that the trial lapsed. This account has highly configured custom objects and properties that will be difficult to replicate. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @MPW 

Reviewing your post, it appears as though this was a normal trial of the HubSpot tools. Have you looked into creating a Developer Portal via our Developer Accounts? 

You can find more information here: https://developers.hubspot.com/ - These accounts start with a 90 day trial which can simply be renewed once this time period lapses. 

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes
MPW

I think I did create a developer portal. Because It displays the following message:

Your Developer Test Portal trial has ended.

ID: 6135994

But I cannot find a way to renew the trail.

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @MPW 

If a test portal has been created via a Developer Account, this can be renewed by navigating to the 'Testing' section of the Developer Portal. 

The page URL should be along the lines of: 

https://app.hubspot.com/developer/DEVELOPER_PORTAL_ID/test-hub-ids

From there, a 'Renew' button will appear when you hover over the Test Portal.

I hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
MPW

Wilson thank you for your help so far.

I can see whats going on:

The test hub status has been set to "Purged" which is why I can't renew the test hub. Is It possible for you to renew this account?

Developer account ID: 6135990
Test hub ID: 6135994

It's kind of anoying this happens after 180 days in our case, because we do not often release new versions of our application which has HubSpot integrated and I'm not monitoring the HubSpot test hub status. But our application uses HubSpot to send service e-mails in our development and test environments. So when our HubSpot account expires the flow in our application breaks in these environments. Is It possible to stop this test hub from getting "Purged"? I'm ok with the fact I have to renew the test hub after 90 days, but not being able to renew the test hub when It gets to the status "Purged" is a real issue for us.

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @MPW 

I will get this processed from our end now and update you once this is done.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes