APIs & Integrations

cdykstra

Export Notes from Contacts?

We're trying to determine how we could export the notes we've saved on all of our Contacts.

Has anyone ever pulled this off and care to share the process they went through in doing-so?

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @cdykstra and everyone,

HubSpot has silently introduced options that allow for exporting notes more easily:

1. Navigate to the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts) or any other object's index page
  2. Click Edit columns
    karstenkoehler_0-1707832350333.png
  3. Find the Contacts -> Notes column
    karstenkoehler_1-1707832411598.png
  4. Confirm, then Export your view
    karstenkoehler_2-1707832448354.png

In the export file, you should find a column containing notes, separated by semicolon if there are multiple ones. Individual notes seem to be capped at 500 characters.

If notes are longer than 500 characters, workarounds are the following:

There is also a thread on this topic in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. I'd recommend upvoting this thread and leaving a comment with your use case.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
JMcMahon2
Participant

In case anyone else has this issue down the line... I was able to extract notes by using Ultimate Data Export.

Your notes/meetings/tasks will be in the engagement files.

0 Upvotes
ashley_milne
Top Contributor

If you're looking for a simpler way where you do not need to work with the API, you can check out Import2 Wizard. You can export any object from HubSpot (including notes) very easily. You also have the option to filter which notes you export, and define which fields you wish to include in the export file:

com-video-to-gif-2

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @cdykstra,

Notes can be accessed using the Engagements API: