APIs & Integrations

SGoel24

Export/Imprt data from One Hubspot Account to Another via API

SOLVE

I want to Export contacts data (Having all activities, notes, calls, emails, meetings etc.) from one Hubspot Account and Import to another Hubspot account.

I came to know from Hubspot team that we should use Engagement APIs

I want to know, does the same APIs perform the Export and Import calls collectively, or I need to perform Get and Post actions differently?

If differently then where we would save the data, after Export?

Please advise, 

Sanjeev

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
lynton
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

As @dennisedson said, you'll need to call the GET to query all the engagements from the source portal, then call POST to the target portal for each engagement. You will also need to call the Associations API in the target portal to associate the engagement with the companies/contacts/deals. If you want to save/export the data at the same time, you could write code to save it to a SQL database, CSV file, GSheet, etc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
EPosa

SOLVE

Hi @SGoel24,

You run HubSpot export and import automatedly with Help Desk Migration. This service ensures zero downtime and supports custom data migrations, so you can tailor it to your needs. Other possibilities include delta migration, concierge service, scheduled migrations, and demo migration to check how it goes.

0 Upvotes
NDeveloper
Participant

SOLVE

Hi!
Can I use bulk import to import engagements via API call:
crm/ v3/ imports  ?
Can't find it in the documentation.
Thanks.

0 Upvotes
lynton
Solution

SOLVE

As @dennisedson said, you'll need to call the GET to query all the engagements from the source portal, then call POST to the target portal for each engagement. You will also need to call the Associations API in the target portal to associate the engagement with the companies/contacts/deals. If you want to save/export the data at the same time, you could write code to save it to a SQL database, CSV file, GSheet, etc.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @SGoel24 

It would be at least one Get request depending on the quantity of contacts followed by many post requests. 

If your data set is more than a small number, I would consider using a third party software.  Came across this one in the marketplace.

@lynton 👋, do you have any advice?

0 Upvotes