APIs & Integrations

lwr

Existing deals API to eComm Bridge

SOLVE

Hello,

We have been using HubSpot Deals and Contacts APIs in one of our projects. We are considering moving to the eComm Bridge API. Our situation is, we don't have any stores yet, since we never set eComm Bridge up (GET /extensions/ecomm/v2/stores returns empty results); and we have a large amount of historical data (deals, contacts and etc.).  I have a couple of questions regarding the migration.

1. If we create a store (PUT /extensions/ecomm/v2/stores), would it have any impact on our historical data;
  2. After creating the store, how would our historical data be presented in the system? And is there a concept/process of migrating the historical data? 

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted solution
himanshurauthan
Solution
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Upon installation, the ecomm bridge API creates some fields, but you can always use your custom fields as well.

You have to set up the mapping of fields, please have a look at the HubSpot's properties section here - https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/ecomm-bridge/v2/ecommerce-bridge-overview

And I agree about testing on the developer account first.

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
himanshurauthan

SOLVE

Hello @dennisedson and @lwr,

This is what happened when you created a store -

• A reporting dashboard with premade reports is added.

• Ecommerce specific properties (listed above) are created under the property group "ECommerce".

• A deal pipeline labeled "Ecommerce Pipeline" is created with 6 stages: checkout_abandoned, checkout_pending, checkout_completed, processed, shipped, canceled.

• All deals created through EB must have a deal stage that is a part of this pipeline.

Your historical data in HubSpot is not associated or presented in the reports as they are imported in the old way, but moving forward all of your data will be available in the reports.

( you can send a sync message of your historical data, but it will duplicate the deals )

Best regards,
Himanshu

lwr

SOLVE

Hello @dennisedson @himanshurauthan,

Thank you both for the help.

In our HubSpot account, we already have custom properties (like deal properties) and pipelines defined (and used). Sounds like each store created would create a new set of both? I think I can create a testing account to try it out, but just curious if we need to recreate the custom properties/pipelines, and how the new data is separated from what already exists.

Thanks again.

himanshurauthan
Solution

SOLVE

Upon installation, the ecomm bridge API creates some fields, but you can always use your custom fields as well.

You have to set up the mapping of fields, please have a look at the HubSpot's properties section here - https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/ecomm-bridge/v2/ecommerce-bridge-overview

And I agree about testing on the developer account first.

Regards,

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@himanshurauthan , @zaklein ,

Do either of you have advice for @lwr ?