APIs & Integrations

JCHIRSCHY
Miembro

Exception handling

Hello,

I was assuming that a workflow would not do any further actions when an prior action is in error. 

A bit of context : I have a workflow with 4 custom code actions.

For example, when the first custom code action throw an error, I was expecting that the workflow would have stopped and would not execute any further actions.

Is it the normal behaviour or am I missing something ? 

Thanks for your help

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
LMeert
Guía | Partner nivel Platinum
Guía | Partner nivel Platinum

Exception handling

Hi @JCHIRSCHY,

Given how you present your issue, I imagine your workflow did not stop and the subsequent custom code actions executed ?

If so, I'm also surprised as I had the same asumption.*

I've had a look at the automation API documentation (related to custom workflow actions development) which I imagine is more or less based on the same principle.

This is particularly interesting and I wonder how this can apply to the custom code actions :

LMeert_0-1652891613538.png

I guess you could try to return the hs_execution_state variable in your custom code output to influence how the workflow behaves in case there's an error.

Maybe @dennisedson can help us find an answer ? (Or someone with an answer at least haha)

Best regards,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

0 Me gusta
dennisedson
Equipo de producto de HubSpot
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Exception handling

@LMeert  is on the right path.  If there are errors, it will still move to the next step. 

After the action, add a "value equals" step. From here you can setup a branch to handle a success or a failure.

Unnamed_workflow_-_Mon_Apr_18_2022_13_49_53_GMT-0400___HubSpot.png